Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Baby Eagle/ Jericho 941

I was wondering if anyone in the Pittsburgh area had a Baby Eagle/ Jericho 941 that i could check out. I'm very interested in making it my next handgun purchase, but would just like to get my hands around one first to make sure i like the grip and what not.

Also if anyone would like to share any first hand knowledge and/or opinion of the Baby Eagle,feel free to share

Thanks, Kitch

Default Re: Baby Eagle/ Jericho 941

It is a pistol not known for extraordinary accuracy (don't worry, we are talking about minute of housefly at 25yds), but what it lacks there is made up in its cycling speed, probably from the way the slide is meshed with the frame. It is used by some pretty serious dudes, so I'm sure it will do the trick. The all steel variant is a tic heavy, but that will help in target reaquirement, especially with the .40 or .45 cals. There are a lot of good reviews with this pistol.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

I had a steel BE in .40. Very accurate and one of the nicest factory triggers I have ever pulled. It is very heavy though, which is not necessarily a bad thing in a compact as mine was. The compact is actually .2 oz. heavier than the full size.

(Allegheny County)

I guess i should specify i'll be looking to get either the .40 or .45 in steel frame semi-compact. my last handgun was a doubles-stack 1911 in 40.sw, weight is not an issue for me. I really just want to get my hands around one before i decide to bay 500-600 dollars for one and then not like the grip.

(Cumberland County)

I like my baby eagle 40 - if i were closer you could take her for a spin! Picked it up from a PAFOA member. Heavy as mentioned, but reliable, mine is very accurate, and as also mentioned, nice trigger action. If the weight doesn't bother you, a nice piece. Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Monroe County)

I have it in .45, very heavy gun , the grip will feel like a cz -because it is a copy of the cz except that the ergonomics are a bit different being that the safety/decocker is on the slide as opposed to being on the frame like a cz.

It is a good gun but they are built very tightly and must be shot about 300-400 rounds minimum before they can be deemed carry ready.

It is the best selling gun among Israeli civilians, it is what most Israeli civilians carry.

They are set up for a six o'clock hold so you will find yourself shooting high .

If i come across a 9mm one i will get.

To carry one you need a strong holster and a sturdy gun belt, they are heavy.

(Beaver County)

I have a baby eagle, but it is 9mm. Mine is the older model with the frame mounted safety.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Cumberland County)

I'm not a big IWB holster fan, so I went for belt holster with thumb break. Got a real nice Israeli made Front Line Model 90495 - it's mostly nylon with leather and very well made !
    Here's on auction for one. I think I paid $25 for mine plus shipping new.

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/103492...-eagle-compact

(Allegheny County)

I was poking around looking at those last night. My buddy wants the DE, and keeps asking me what finish to get it in, so I was looking at them again on their site. So I figured I'd take a look at some of the rest of their stuff and was checking those out. How are the polymer ones? Or are they avoided for the traditional steel ones?

It also looks like they make a Walther P99 clone? So confused...

(Northampton County)

I am personally getting the 45acp model in the 3.9 inch barrel ,not that having one in poly would be bad, but the extra weight of the steel will easily absorb felt recoil. Yeah the extra weight will make it the heaviest carry gun I own but I don't care.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast