Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Thumbs up Buchanan Gunsmithing.

I bought a set of nightsights for my M&P 9 and I really wanted a professional to install the sights, I worried about damaging the finish and losing zero on the pistol. Finding a local gunsmith was hard, most were a good distance from my home. Then a PAFOA member recommended Buchanan Gunsmithing. I gave him a call and his services came at a cost of $45/hour which at first I thought was steep. I stopped by last Saturday and dropped off my pistol, he had it ready to go Tuesday Afternoon (Today). He texted me a photo of the grouping he shot at 30 feet to show me the sights were properly zeroed.

I had a good conversation with Bill both times I visited. Today I spent an easy hour discussing a wide variety of firearm topics with him. Both times he and his family treated me extremely well, neither time was I treated like a kid because I looked like a kid. I was even offered coffee. I also learned a few things while talking with him. The two tips that stood out the most was care and use of my M&P. I still have some recoil anticipation issues and he gave me a tip on practicing while dry firing. He also noticed I was using too much lubricant inside my pistol which is very helpful since that is a potential reliability issue.

Finally I got to view a lot of his work which is top notch. He specializes in custom made M1911's, I got to hold and dry fire a few. They all had impressive fit/finishes and the triggers broke crisply and cleanly. He also had custom Glock's that look like nothing I never seen before. Plus I got to hold/inspect an M44 Mosin Nagant for the first time which he was in the process of upgrading. So in closing I found the gunsmith I will be using for now on. I had a lot of bad experiences dealing with local gunshops, generally dealing with people who can give a damn about my business. I never got that feeling with Bill. I fully recommend his services. He also does classes and is a retailer of firearms (FFL's and all), I will probably make use of those two services in time too.

Two thumbs up for Buchanan Gunsmithing.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Buchanan Gunsmithing.

Where is he located? I may have him check over my 91/30 for me .

(Monroe County)

(Pike County)

Default Re: Buchanan Gunsmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrillNFill View Post
    Where is he located? I may have him check over my 91/30 for me .
    I think he can help you out, he's turning that M44 he has into a sniper. Give him a call at 973-445-9982. He give you all the info you need. Something that shocked me is he has his business out of his home inside of a community. Good luck.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....