Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Got our SR22 today....

....didn't plan on it, but....

Went to the range....we each practiced shooting our respective 9mm's and then our respective .380's....then got out the Sig Mosquito that we had bought used. Thing is a piece of junk. In the past several weeks we have tried several different ammo types.... only the Mini Mags even remotely worked, but even they didn't work great. Anything else just didn't work at all. My husband cleaned...he lubed...he shot and shot more....thing was awful.

So we took it back to Tanner's and they said they could send it back to Sig and have them check it over but I didn't feel like doing that because then if they send it back and it still doesn't shoot well, we wasted all that time. So we took a $30 loss (something the way it has to be for returning the firearm) and got the SR22 instead. We have loads of cheap .22 ammo that the Sig wouldn't eat, so I hope Ruger is hungry.

Won't be able to try it out til Thursday, but I can't wait!

Our other guns did great today, I had ONE FTE out of my LCP but that was it. I was shooting 10 yards with my LC9 and getting a decent grouping around the bullseye (even impressed my husband) but I keep getting stray shots going low, so I can't wait to get my lesson to find out why that happens.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Got our SR22 today....

There is an excellent target graphic illustrating the effect of different trigger pulls on shot placement. It's on this site but I can't think where it is just now, but I'm sure that someone will pass it along real soon.

If I can resurrect my memory of the location I'll send it.
    Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat. NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by drose40 View Post
    There is an excellent target graphic illustrating the effect of different trigger pulls on shot placement. It's on this site but I can't think where it is just now, but I'm sure that someone will pass it along real soon.

If I can resurrect my memory of the location I'll send it.
    I've seen that before but then somebody said that it only works if you're shooting one-handed...that a two-hands grip doesn't work with the chart as well....I dunno....

(Bucks County)

Congrats!
    Your gonna love that thing. I bought mine a few weeks ago, and have about 800 rounds through it. I like it. You're gonna have to get used to the safety being opposite what you're used to on your LC9.

BTW, mine eats Thunderbolts (Remington), and there dirt cheap.

(Carbon County)

pics please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    I've seen that before but then somebody said that it only works if you're shooting one-handed...that a two-hands grip doesn't work with the chart as well....I dunno....
    It only works if everything falls into place, the planets are aligned, and so forth.

Stray shots can usually be attributed to jerking. Remember, it only takes a tiny, almost unnoticable jerk to get a flyer. Pressure tight at the bottom of the grip one shot and lighter pressure in the same spot the next can demonstrate a low shot and then a higher one, even with a nice squeeze of the trigger.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I remember you saying you kind of wanted the SR, but was a little impatient. Been there and done that! The SR has some good reviews and will hopefully perform much better. $30 is not much to lose trading a gun back in. You could have done much worse. Been there and done that, too.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Got our SR22 today....

saw and handled my first one today. right off it reminded me of my p22 but just a tad larger in the grip, a good thing. felt good, nice ergo,s was actually impressed. mag safety is cool as well as the decocker and low and behold a ambi safety for us lefty,s. if it shoots as good as it looks it will make for a fun gun. congrats on your purchase, let us know how it works. red dog

(Bucks County)

Thanks all! Can NOT wait to shoot it. I was so mad at that dumb Sig. haha. My husband loved it but finally today it was the last straw...you can only practice clearing so many misfires before you get sick of it, ya know? ha.

The SR22 has a good hand feel...hub promptly changed it to the fatter grip and I promptly changed to the mag extenders (I pop the springs EVERY time I do that haha).

Yay Thursday range time... I sure hope it eats Blazers cuz we're stocked with them.... I'll starve him til then so he won't be picky.

I'll try to remember the pix too! We can't take pix at the range so I always forget after that...IF I shoot a good target, might do that too. haha.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    It only works if everything falls into place, the planets are aligned, and so forth.

Stray shots can usually be attributed to jerking. Remember, it only takes a tiny, almost unnoticable jerk to get a flyer. Pressure tight at the bottom of the grip one shot and lighter pressure in the same spot the next can demonstrate a low shot and then a higher one, even with a nice squeeze of the trigger.
    I think that's what it is...seems like I can only keep a fairly steady aim/concentration for a few shots before the recoil and noise and pressure gets me a tad jittery...then I have to take a breath and bring my concentration back to the task. I tend to do a nice group of 3 or so and then I pull off a couple stray shots...then get myself back behaving again for a bit. Just need to work on consistency with every shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast