Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Tanfoglio (EAA) Witness 9mm

This is my first 9mm pistol, and my first pistol larger than .22 magnum. I originally wanted a Taurus 809 9mm, but they decided not to produce the .22 conversion for it. Tanfoglio not only has a .22 conversion, but I can also get a .38 Super, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and 10mm conversion (six pistols on one frame).

Below are 21 shots at 25 feet using a two hand grip and with my bad eyes.

It came with a 10 round magazine, and I've since picked up two 17 rounders. I've had a little trouble finding a holster for it since all the ones that say they are for the Witness are for the old version without the rail. The nylon Uncle Mike models are too loose and floppy on my belt for my taste (they hold the pistol very securely, but they do not fit tight enough to my side).
    Last edited by rgkitchen; January 24th, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

Default Re: Tanfoglio (EAA) Witness 9mm

Nice Witness P. I've got a Witness in .38 Super that I got a 10MM conversion kit for. It took just a little fitting but it shoots both great.

Enjoy,

(Monroe County)

Hey Nice Gun , i have one in .45 competition II package with the wonder finish, enjoy.

I have a compact EAA withness CZ copy I think the model number is 79 10 shot 45acp. It fits good in the hand and very ergonomic. I just need another magazine I'm usieng a Pro mag and you know they are hit and miss for reliablity I'm only godd for 7 out 10 loading any more and it Jams, no fault o the gun, that damn Pro mag magazine.

Other then that its a good gun.

If I may, what do the conversion kits go for?
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    I have a compact EAA withness CZ copy I think the model number is 79 10 shot 45acp. It fits good in the hand and very ergonomic. I just need another magazine I'm usieng a Pro mag and you know they are hit and miss for reliablity I'm only godd for 7 out 10 loading any more and it Jams, no fault o the gun, that damn Pro mag magazine.

Other then that its a good gun.
    Don't blame the Pro Mags. I had all factory mags. Every one caused a nose-dive if loaded more than 7. I took the factory mags for the "small-frame" witness and added a spacer in the back. A little re-profiling and I now have a perfect Witness compact in 9mm. EAA as well as Tanfoglio are useless when it comes to addressing the magazine issue. Not sure if the poly frames use the same mags as the steel pistols. Pistol is accurate as Hell and after changing the hammer spring, it also has a sweet DA trigger.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    If I may, what do the conversion kits go for?
    The list prices from the EAA website . . . .
    .22 - $234.38
    9mm, .38, .40, .45 - $245 Compact/Standard Slide
    9mm, .38, .40, .45 - $285 Long Slide w/Super Sight
    10mm - $245
    I've only checked with Bullseye Shooters Source, in Elizabethtown, for availability, and he quoted me a price slightly lower, although I don't know for sure if he can actually get them.

You can see them on page 7 of the EAA catalog . . . .

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgkitchen View Post
    This is my first 9mm pistol, and my first pistol larger than .22 magnum. I originally wanted a Taurus 809 9mm, but they decided not to produce the .22 conversion for it. Tanfoglio not only has a .22 conversion, but I can also get a .38 Super, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and 10mm conversion (six pistols on one frame).

[SIZE=3]It came with a 10 round magazine, and I've since picked up two 17 rounders. I've had a little trouble finding a holster for it since all the ones that say they are for the Witness are for the old version without the rail. The nylon Uncle Mike models are too loose and floppy on my belt for my taste (they hold the pistol very securely, but they do not fit tight enough to my side).[/SIZE]
    RGK, I just picked up a Witness 9mm tonight and have been looking on the internet for high capacity mags. Which ones did you get for it? I am having trouble figuring which ones are correct. Thanks in advance for the info.

(Dauphin County)

There are different versions of the full size Witness 9mm. I have the polymer version which uses a 10 round (EAA Part #101922) or 18 round (EAA Part #101935) magazine.

I got my 18 rounders (although I cannot get more than 17 rounds into them) at Midway USA, but they are listed as backorder right now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/414...und-steel-blue

You can also get them direct from EAA at their web site (good price if you get a pair).

http://eaacorp.com/parts-hand-gun-magazines.html

They are also listed at Able Ammo, Cheaper Than Dirt, and R&R Arms.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=108877
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGEA101935-1.html
    http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=101935

Just do a Google search for Witness 101935 and see what else you may come up with. By the way, where did you pick yours up? I haven't seen them in any gun shop I've been to in my area. Was it in stock, or did you have to order it?

(Lancaster County)

My son is 15 and just starting out. I was thinking 9mm for him and this looks like a pretty nice gun for the money. Any reason you would discourage for a first handgun? If not I'll have to keep an eye out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast