Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Walmart wants to SCAN my drivers license! WTF!?!?

All kidding aside, I think the main point here is that if we just quietly let everyone and their brother scan our info...pretty soon we will be nothing more that sheeple! As someone said, DL's will continue to contain more and more personal info about us and I really don't see where Wally World needs that information at their fingertips. You don't think they want to track you and your habits? Just look at the cookies they leave in you computer after visiting walmart.com!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    This is B.S.

What happens as more and more personal info is added to the DL?

My credit union wanted to scan my DL. I said no and the manager told me since enactment of the patriot act, they were obligated to ID everyone. I said B.S. and that it was only for amounts over 10K. I told her I would be happy to let the teller look at it but no way would I allow them to scan it. I told them I'd close my account if it came to that.

Everybody and their freakin' brother wants our SS# and now they want to scan DL's. Where does it all end? You know the NRA program "refuse to be a victim"? Well I "refuse to be a criminal" and "guilty until proven innocent" in the eyes of retailers and financial institutions.

They can kiss my a$$.

The only info that can be in that strip is what is on the front of the license. I just checked my DL again and I fail to see my SS# on there anywhere. The purpose of that strip is so that businesses can quickly and easily verify that you are WHO YOU CLAIM TO BE. I can't believe how parinoid some people are about this.

(Venango County)

Hello,

I used to work for M.I. in a limited capacity.

Be concerned.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Hello,

I used to work for M.I. in a limited capacity.

Be concerned.

Advice that should be heeded!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by jrbib24 View Post
    I can't believe how parinoid some people are about this.

(Westmoreland County)

The only info that can be in that strip is what is on the front of the license. I just checked my DL again and I fail to see my SS# on there anywhere. The purpose of that strip is so that businesses can quickly and easily verify that you are WHO YOU CLAIM TO BE. I can't believe how parinoid some people are about this.
    I'm not paranoid. It's about privacy, which by the way, is still a constitutionally protected Right.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    All kidding aside, I think the main point here is that if we just quietly let everyone and their brother scan our info...pretty soon we will be nothing more that sheeple! As someone said, DL's will continue to contain more and more personal info about us and I really don't see where Wally World needs that information at their fingertips. You don't think they want to track you and your habits? Just look at the cookies they leave in you computer after visiting walmart.com!
    Speaking of that alot of places are asking for your fingerprint. My girlfriend always cashes her paycheck at giant eagle and gives her fingerprint without the slightest hesitation, despite how much I hate it. Also one time she tried to take me tanning. I wasn't all that excited about it in the first place but I worked outside and my ass would glow in the dark compared to the rest of my body. Everything was going fine and the girl was only asking perdinent questions like "how often do you tan, do you burn easily?" which I was fine with. Then she pulls out a fingerprint scanner and says "place your right index finger on the scanner so I can open your account." I looked at her like she was totally retarded and said politely "is there any way we can do this without my fingerprint? I don't like to give out my biometrics." NOPE "this is how we keep other people from using your account." I have never seen anything so stupid in my life. I refused and waited for my girlfriend. The thing that bothered me the most is that in the 15 min. I waited there about 10 ditsy ass girls walked up and scanned thier fingerprints. And MY GIRLFRIEND is one of them. People are getting really stupid and accepting anything retailers want without question. Zip codes, Phone numbers, FINGERPRINTS!

I just don't get it.

(Westmoreland County)

I can't believe how shortsighted some people can be. It's not just a matter of what is currently readable, it's what will be added in the future.

(Allegheny County)

I am WAY, WAY far from any type of "conspiracy nut", but I see these things as little steps in the process of you and I losing all control of our private lives.

It's nobody's business how many bags of dog food I buy. It's nobody's business what kind of TP I use to wipe my ass. It's also nobody's business what I buy in the sporting goods department at W-mart.

I'm not saying that I think that there's any "private info" on my DL that they can be used to compile a database on my spending habits. Not yet.

Little steps.
    This isn't something that should be a foreign concept to anyone, especially those who are concerned for their rights as gun owners... I mean, if "the government" suddenly announced that we all needed to be issued "ID cards"(which would likely be named something that sounded "warm and fuzzy", like a "United & Safe" card, or something)in order to purchase anything that fell into a category that was even slightly regulated by the government,(Food, medicine, travel, gasoline, etc.)people would be marching in the streets.
    Introduce the technology to do so, in a way that doesn't cause alarm, and BENEFITS the consumer, and you have yourself the recipe for success.

The antis use the same method, and it seems to be working pretty well.

Maybe I am a conspiracy nut?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I can't believe how shortsighted some people can be. It's not just a matter of what is currently readable, it's what will be added in the future.

Speculation=paranoia... Lots of things could happen, but until they do they are just a bunch of what ifs....

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast