Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Home invasion 4 times here in the midwest.

Home invasion 4 times here in the midwest. This kind of crime may work well in California or New york but here in the midwest.

This type crime doesn't fly well here in the midwest we have "A Make My Day Law" in effect saying if you fear for your life or members of your family you can use deadly force on intruders inside your home.

Of the 4 home invasion 3 suspect were shot and 1 died in mwc trying to invade a home with owner were inside. One of these home owners had barking pit bulls and the invader still tried to break in. The police beleive most of these were drug related, suspect breaking in to buy drugs.

The 4th invasion was successful holding the home onwer for 15 minutes while they ransack the home taking everything they thought was valuable. Tying up and gagging the home onwer and friends. The Cops caught the criminals hours later. This home owner didn't own a gun or big dog.

Object of this story; Get a gun and learn how to use it. Stop depending on the police they can't be everywhere and usually are report writters after a crime has been committed. The fatal shooting was by a Glcok 17.

All the shooting were justified became of the Law of the land. Make my Day.

Whats your take on this?
    Last edited by Neko456; January 31st, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Home invasion 4 times here in the midwest.

thanks for posting. It's always good to hear what's happening elsewhere.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Delaware County)

While I was reading your post, all I thought was, dumb burglars. Barking dogs and I think just about everyone out there owns a gun.
    That would be like trying to rob everyone at a gun club...lol.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Blair County)

I'm glad PA finnally got on board with "The Castle Doctrine." Best of luck to anyone trying to get into my house while I'm home!

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    This type crime doesn't flying well here in the midwest we have "A Make My Day Law" in effect saying if you fear for your life or members of your family you can use deadly force on intruders inside your home.

All the shooting were justified became of the Law of the land. Make my Day.

Whats your take on this?
    My take on this is that there are a LOT more states in the area generally known as the "midwest" than just Oklahoma, and each of those states has different laws. So when you state that "we" have a "make my day law," you cannot speak for the entire midwest region. You are speaking only about Oklahoma.

And since the type of incidents you are discussing take place inside a home, "make my day" laws aren't even the appropriate law. The applicable type of law would be "castle doctrine" laws.

Was there a point to your post? You posted in the "Pistols" sub-forum, under "Firearms." How is your post related to handguns, exactly?

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    This type crime doesn't flying well here in the midwest we have "A Make My Day Law" in effect saying if you fear for your life or members of your family you can use deadly force on intruders inside your home.
    Need to drop the requirement in the law of being in fear for your life inside your home. Someone breaks into your home they should be fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Need to drop the requirement in the law of being in fear for your life inside your home. Someone breaks into your home they should be fair game.
    He screwed up his information, royally. One of the recent home invasions in OK was the young widow who shot a guy after he ignored her barking dog and smashed through the front door. She was on the telephone with 9-1-1 for the whole 20 minutes the guy and an accomplice were trying to break in. The dispatcher told her if they got inside, she was legally allowed to shoot.

So she did. The DA didn't press charges. IIRC the law was explained as a "presumption" of intent to commit bodily harm if someone breaks in, so in OK it is not correct that you need to be in fear for your life. (Although I imagine the young lady probably was -- and she had an infant to protect, too.)

Here's a link to one of the articles: http://www.volunteertv.com/national/...136742183.html

(Monroe County)

OP, Good reporting, i always like to hear whats going on in other places, unfortunately they closed down the news section here on this site.

BTW , i am from new York, New York does have a castle doctrine law well before many other states, the problem in new york is getting a Gun (handguns) you need a pistol permit to buy a handgun even if you wont be carrying it concealed on you.
    It took me 5 months to get my NYC permit and for some people it could take up to a year.

(Clarion County)

I just hope they have ID on them so I can notife next of kin.

(Chester County)

sure makes the case for having a high capacity carbine for HD.Although my most accessible gun is a 1911,given the time i would break our my ar ,especially with the national trend of home invasions perpetrated by more than two bad guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast