Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Just purchased first 1911!

If you go ambi safety on your 1911, I would go Ed Brown or Wilson Combat.

But first before you do that, carry it for a while and see how the stock safety works for you. I had an ambi on mine, and took it off because after a few practice prensentations, my shirt knocked it off....

So try it as issued before you do any changes

Good deal on that Spartan
    gotta love her ;)

I got the 1911 super bug, of late. Seems like that is all I look at, anymore. I got enough plastic guns to melt down and make at least 5 or 6 car dash boards, and the other metal guns don't have that 'feel' of the 1911. Heck, because of the 1911, my USP has turned into a rest area for dust. Anyway, congrats and enjoy. It is a nice piece.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    If you go ambi safety on your 1911, I would go Ed Brown or Wilson Combat.

But first before you do that, carry it for a while and see how the stock safety works for you. I had an ambi on mine, and took it off because after a few practice prensentations, my shirt knocked it off....

So try it as issued before you do any changes

Good deal on that Spartan
    It's interesting you want the ambi. Most people want to take it off. I like having it there, but thanks to me Dremmel, all of my ambis are now weak on one side.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

I'm a lefty that's why I need the ambi safety. I highly doubt this gun will be carried I have a Ruger LCP for that. Although I would like to maybe get a nice leather holster to carry it in for those special occasions.

Now that you bought this one, you need to got buy another one and get a shoulder rig for 2. That, is bad ass. lol.

Anyways, congratulations on your 1911!

Quote Originally Posted by Condition one1 View Post
    Congrats! 1911s are awesome. now you are open to all the many great accessories for a 1911. id never buy another Highend 1911 anymore because you can take a cheap 1911 and make it shoot like the greats! good luck with your new purchase!
    I often wondered about this. At what cost? Is there any difference between buying a $500-$600 1911, spending a few hundred to have it tuned up, new sights, etc. or just going and spending $900-$1000 on a 1911 that already has alot of the stuff on there? You should also take into account the time it takes to get that less expensive built up to the specs you want.

(Bucks County)

It's a tough decision on buying a 500-600 + 300-400 in parts vs just buying the 1K gun. I'd say your better off buying the 1K gun if you can find exactly what your looking for. Most of the $500-600, if not all, don't have front checkering on the grips. I'm pretty sure this is expensive to get done afterwards. Also the Spartan is Hand Fitted slide to frame which is great, some of the cheaper ones are not and as far as I know this can not be changed down the line. I honestly don't plan on doing much to it but you know how that goes. I'm actually going to shoot it tonight so I should have a review for you guys tonight vs my friends RIA 2-tone Tactical.

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    Now that picture is what I would call wet and ready.
    456 - Why do guys think of sex when they look at a 1911 or a pretty girl. Or is this just me, couldn't be I'm normal, maybe it is just me?

Can't wait to see what she will do!

(Philadelphia County)

Congrats man!

If you're going to be CCing it, make sure you get a GOOD HOLSTER. 1911's a heavy gun, and every step you take you're gonna feel it. Be sure-- she's gonna try to expose your arse to the world if you dont have a good belt, and a good holster.

(Bucks County)

I'll be picking my 1911 on Sunday, a first gen RIA Tactical(w/o rail, not a fan). I previously owned a Springfield loaded in ss(loved it, sold due to economic situation) and a Springfield GI which I also was fond of. I've been w/o a 1911 for cpl yrs and the itching for another finally got to me, plus the price for the RIA was too good to pass up, $360.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast