Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Allentown Gun Show - Forks of the Delaware Historical Arms Society

Quote Originally Posted by jbrower View Post
    . . . Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show . . .
    Absolutely.

. . . for a reasonable price?
    Doubtful, using my definition of the word "reasonable."

You might find rougher examples in the $800+ range, and "decent" examples in the $1200 to $1500 range.

There's always an exception, but in my experience of attending the FOTD shows as a member for the past 4 years is what I base my remarks on.

That said, DO GO. It's a 19th century weaponalooza and well worth the price of admission for a collector interested in arms of that period.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Sometimes but not much you can haggle a good deal. Few years back a dealer had a yugo reworked k98 that some idiot stamped 1943, you could almost read the german 44 on the receiver though heavely scrubbed. he had $250 on it, i was looking it over cuz it had a untouched non# stock. I told him the date was not original and he agreed saying thats how he got it but now he is stuck with it. I asked how much lower he would to get rid of it since he had mostly lever actions on his table. $100 , i was so gone with it.
    No Peace In Our Time.

Show was crowded today but people were NOT spending much, not many questions either. And i noticed a few of the regular table holders were MIA.But this is still my most favorite show.
    No Peace In Our Time.

I've never been to this show but I've heard that they specialize in 19th and early 20th century stuff (which is what I'm into). Would I be likely to find a decent 1888 Trapdoor at this show for a reasonable price? It's the same day as the Oaks show so I'm deciding between which one to go to (I can't go to both).
    There's a reason it's called a HISTORIC arms show. If ya go Sunday , the Farmers Market is closed and parking is much better.

BTW, there's a very nice 1884 Trapdoor at Quinby's on 313 in Dublin.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Lehigh County)

i went on Saturday, very crowded. I spent a few hours walking around, thought the prices were a little bit higher than in the past. Even some tacticool items there. Only thing i bought was a few small files and a new set of roll punches.
    i was looking for a M44 for a friend, only saw 1, overpriced. other than that, i thought the show overall was good, a lot of things to look at, some new vendors, very interesting firearms that you usually do not get to see that often.

(Monroe County)

I am trying to find a vendor. he was selling all knives that were damascus and hand made. he was an end table around the middle of the building with the food stand in it. if anyone could help, that would be awesome.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by telopyros View Post
    I am trying to find a vendor. he was selling all knives that were damascus and hand made. he was an end table around the middle of the building with the food stand in it. if anyone could help, that would be awesome.
    John Bauman.

Here is a website with his stuff:
    http://artknives.com/john-bauman-knives.html

(Monroe County)

thank you sir

(Chester County)

Unfortunately it seems that the Friday "early bird" shows have gone the way of the Dodo now that the Valley Forge show is gone. Those were always my favorites. It cost a few extra dollars to get in but it was a lot less crowded and you had a chance to grab something unique before the hoards arrived on Saturday.
    Two thumbs up!

(Northampton County)

Does anyone know who the "gun sight guy" is and if there is some way to get in contact with him? I know he was at this show and probably has what I am looking for but I didn't get a chance to stop at his table. Maybe someone knows of other shows that may be coming up that he attends.
    The question is, will you be on your feet or your knees?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12