Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thinking About Buying SpringField Armory XDM 5.25 Comp

So im thinking about buying a spring field XDM 5.25 Comp In a 9MM. now ive read some reviews on it and alot of people seem to be complaining about the trigger pull and what not. so if anyone has one let me know how they like or dis like it.
    Big Boy Toys Come With Linked Ammo

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Thinking About Buying SpringField Armory XDM 5.25 Comp

I dont like the xd's at all and do not own one as I feel there slides are too bulky and the gun feels like it has a brick attached to the front...again just me.

On to the 5.25 it appears to be a cookie cutter replica of a Glock 34...which I do own and compete with. Absolutely love to shoot it, so IF i was ever to move to the world of croatian made weapons...it would probably be the 5.25. I havent heard anyone who shoots a 5.25 tell me they didnt like it....so.....

Most of the stuff I have read about the trigger says it is a little mushy with just a tick too long of a reset, but not really any complaints. I have felt the trigger on one (though I haven't shot one, yet) at one of my locals, and it was fine, to me. There are definitely triggers out there that are not as good. The trigger on this model can be tuned, so I wouldn't let that deter you. No one says the thing isn't wicked accurate for an out of the box gun. I can't wait for someone to let me try theirs.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Cumberland County)

I bought one for my wife to shoot and it felt really good in the hand and there is a little bit longer of take up than what I am used to but after about 900 rounds through it the trigger is well worked in and I can no longer tell the differnce in the trigger pull.
    I don't know if I got used to it or the trigger just "broke in".

Overall we are both happy with our choice to buy the pistol, no regrets at all . One of the better plastic 9mm's made in my opinion.

Cyber
    “They that plow iniquity and sow wickedness shall reap the same.” Job 4:8 ... III% OK

(Centre County)

I would just get XDM.

The trigger on comp model didn't feel any better(or worse) then standard model. Trigger kits are cheap enough as well(about $130 for complete kit from Springer precision.

FO sights are nice, but I prefer Tritium sight over FO anyday. And if I want FO sight, trueglo does make TFO sight for XDM.
    And I personaly do not care for adjustable sight.

I do not like the big cutout on slide. If it was ported(Like old XD used to have) would have been a one thing, but just gaping hole on top of slide seems to me a wide open invitation for crap to get in and hinder the slide movement.

Longer sight radius is nice.

I do think its much better looking pistol then that of older XD seriese weapons. Specially a bitone model...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bucks County)

I have the 4.5" XDm. While not great, the factory trigger felt better to me than that of the glock. I also installed a trigger kit from Powder River Precision in mine - this was a great improvement.

This is a good gun. I still like it and enjoy shooting it.

From most the reviews and people that own them teh XDM is an excellent gun that can produce very good accuracy. I think you would like that pistol with or without compenstators less felt recoil but louder.

(Berks County)

why not buy a 1911 like your old man?

(Elk County)

I bought the 5.25 in 9mm bi-tone for IDPA. I formerly shot a 2nd Generation Glock 21. The sights on the XDm are very nice. Mag changes are smoother. I got mine in time for the mag deal. Can't beat 6 mags, especially when I'm bouncing them off a concrete floor in the winter. The trigger did smooth up after about 500 rounds, but I'm replacing it with a Springer Precision model soon. It is deadly accurate without a malfunction. The slide cutout speeds up the slide. I believe they didn't port the barrel because it's targeted toward the IDPA audience, etc. where porting isn't allowed.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by hooknladder View Post
    I bought the 5.25 in 9mm bi-tone for IDPA. I formerly shot a 2nd Generation Glock 21. The sights on the XDm are very nice. Mag changes are smoother. I got mine in time for the mag deal. Can't beat 6 mags, especially when I'm bouncing them off a concrete floor in the winter. The trigger did smooth up after about 500 rounds, but I'm replacing it with a Springer Precision model soon. It is deadly accurate without a malfunction. The slide cutout speeds up the slide. I believe they didn't port the barrel because it's targeted toward the IDPA audience, etc. where porting isn't allowed.
    I could never get over the fact that IDPA puts the XD in ESP. Seems a cruel joke.

Lycanwith9mm1911'sthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast