Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default PSP Baby Brownings: As Good?

I stopped in one of my local shops the other day, just to browse. I stopped when I saw a Raven .25; my boyfriend has a love of those guns, for some reason. The one they had was in fairly nice shape: nickel plated, with the faux-pearl grips. Right next to it, though, was something even nicer, what I thought was a Baby Browning. When I asked to see it, the shop owner told m it was made by PSP, and that it was as god as the real thing, and if I wanted a .25, that would be the one to get.

Anyone have one of these, or an actual Browning? My boyfriend's been wanting a little pocket gun, but if the PSP is better, I'd rather buy him that than the Raven.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: PSP Baby Brownings: As Good?

A PSP(now PSA) Baby Browning is pretty much a remake of the original. Comparing it to a Raven would be like comparing a Cadillac to a Yugo.

The PSP is made under license from Fabrique Nationale(the company that holds many of JMB's rights on his designs). They are made of quality metals, unlike the Raven's zinc alloys.

See manufacturer's site:
    http://precisionsmallarms.com/

The cheapest MSRP is around $549. They are a quality built gun.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Here is some reading material. http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/PSP-25/psp-25.html
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

I have a psp, a Bauer (stainless version), and an Original Baby Browning.

The PSP/ PSA is built to the same quality as the Browning imho, but I am not in love with the mags.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Monroe County)

However, if you want a 25.. there are a couple better than the BB.

1- Seecamp lws25 Out of production, but In my opinion the highest quality 25 ever made.

2- Beretta Jetfire, or Beretta Bobcat. Both run like tops and are cheap on the used market.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Carbon County)

honestly, i picked one up used last year. i wasnt impressed with it....it looked good, shot like crap. its not a browning, its a copy. alot of gun makers copy things and it doesnt mean they do it right. it was a jammomatic. took it home, cleaned it up...took it out, no change. i couldnt give it away, the resale sucks. i finally did give it away to my brother. what the guy above said, the beretta is the best 25 out there. they run flawless and are fun to shoot.

(Cumberland County)

I enjoy all types of weapons, and don't have to always go for top of the line, but Raven is one I would never get, just too cheap/poorly made - but then again, just my opinion. PSP or PSA though I would get, them seem like good quality ! Good luck on whatever you choose

(Montgomery County)

I have a second hand Beretta 950SB in 0.25. Excellent easily concealable little gun and with the Speer 0.25 HP round I do not think that I would like to be on the receiving end. Great advantage is the tip-up barrel as you can simply drop a round in, leave the mag full and simply cock the hammer. has a 1911 style safety that can only be applied when cocked. In a Galco pocket holster, it disappears to the outside person. Highly recommend them. Dave_n