Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stadium North in Hatfield, PA NOT gun friendly

I was meeting some friends there this evening to watch the remainder of the divisional playoffs and unwind after a long week when I noticed the staff was doing weapons checks at the door. This is the one time I wasn't carrying since the shirt I was wearing wouldn't properly conceal my XDSC. I wanted to look nice since I do fancy the young lady who invited me out. I'm sure there will be some backlash here for that, but the nights are getting awfully cold anymore She's fine with me carrying so she passes that test.

Anyway, they were swiping ID's at the door, then having people empty their pockets, remove their jackets, and then giving them a pass with the wand and a pat down. I walked in, said hi to my friends, chatted for a bit and left without spending a dime. Had there not been a line at the door, I would have said something, but I'm not about to hold up the other people in line for something that they really have nothing to do with. Their website listed their email address so I sent them the following email, which I believe to be respectful:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing to you in regards to the new door policy regarding carrying firearms in your establishment. I am licensed to carry to a firearm in the state of Pennsylvania and was quite surprised when I walked through the door this evening that your staff was conducting weapons checks. Although this particular evening was one of the rare occasions when I wasn't carrying for self defense, I still did not appreciate the treatment.

I do respect your rights as private property owners and as such you may prohibit weapons. But it is also within my right to not patron your establishment. I carry a firearm for my own self defense, as I believe it is my own responsibility to keep myself safe. While banning firearms inside of the building may sound like the solution, it does not guarantee my safety in your parking lot where someone may have access to a weapon in their vehicle, thus leaving me defenseless. Also I noticed the staff was allowing female patrons to pass through without a pat down or a pass with the wand. It would not be difficult to bring a small compact pistol in a purse.

I understand there have been some issues in the past in regards to firearms in your establishment. But by banning firearms you're also taking them away from the responsible, level headed, and well trained individuals who may want to frequent Stadium North.

While I may not drink while carrying a firearm, as I believe that is the responsible thing to do, I do buy drinks for my friends who are not in possession of a firearm at the time. I know there are other bars in this area who will not deny my right to bear arms, and I will continue to spend my hard earned money there. At the same time I am a member at the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association forum and will be posting my experiences there so other people in the area will be aware of the new policy.

Sincerely,

(me)
    We'll see I receive a response. I highly doubt any change will come, but at least everyone here will know their new policy.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Stadium North in Hatfield, PA NOT gun friendly

Nicely written letter. Very well done.

(Tioga County)

On general principle I would stay away from any establishment that conducts a TSA-style search of its patrons. Nothing offered by their organization could possibly be worth the indignity and disrespect.

--Phil

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post
    On general principle I would stay away from any establishment that conducts a TSA-style search of its patrons. Nothing offered by their organization could possibly be worth the indignity and disrespect.

--Phil
    +1 on that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilB View Post

--Phil
    THIS. And 10.

(Adams County)

i will not spend money at any busness that thinks they are going to search me to enter.

(Bucks County)

I have occasionally been in there, though never at night - they do have a good beer selection. I certainly won't be spending any more money there.

(Bucks County)

Considering all the gang activity in Hatfield it makes perfect sense........

(Lancaster County)

Nice Letter, but I would have also said something about them swiping ID's as well.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Ive been there numerous times and have concealed carry every time..

There is no way id go to that place without carrying with all the commotion that goes down there on a regular basis and what i have experienced first hand...

If this is there new common practice, then my ass will never be going there to be treated like that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast