Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default cc using another belt

when carring CC, does anyone use a seperate belt? or just the belt that holds up your pants? i`ve heard a few people say they carry on an extra belt, because it can carry everything easier, and it is on one place, knife, flashlight, mags. surveying the ranks for info and thoughts on what you pefer from day to day. i remember a thread a few weeks ago where people posted pictures of what they carry. some had a pile. i`ve been using a camo shoulder bag, maybe 11"x 6"x4", 2 pocket. walmart, $7, to carry the extra ammo, mag. loader, mags when i have to go to the dr`s office. when i come out everything is in one place, and seconds to put on if i need something. thanks for any info and input. it is like a small bug out bag. and not to let out the women. shoulder bags i know. what about around the waist? i hope i have this in the right area!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: cc using another belt

If I am using an IWB holster I cc with only the pants belts. If I am ccing with OWB type holster I sometimes use an extra belt.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Allegheny County)

Just use one good belt and you won't have issues. Never heard of anyone using more than one belt at a time, unless I am reading this wrong.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Monroe County)

Uhh, two belts? That's fine when you work in law enforcement and have a duty belt over your pants belt. For civilian concealed carry it's excessive and unecessary. Buy a quality gun belt, you can find them for as low as 30$. It will hold a gun, spare mags, and a few other items(if thats what you're worried about) without issue. Buy a quality holster. The only thing I carry on my gun belts are my gun, and a spare mag. You don't need to get all tactical like the people you were talking about in the OP.

FWIW, I think that little carry pack you're using is an awful and irresponsible idea. It can be snatched away from you just like a purse. It attracts alot more attention than a purse. It looks like it's holding important or expensive contents by the way you're constantly clutching onto it. If you ever put it down in public, even for one second, while sitting at a restaurant, or waiting in a doctors office, you just made it even easier for some asshole to steal it.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Unless I'm using a drop leg Safariland rig, (That's not very concealable anyway), I use the same Wilderness Tactical belt that holds up my britches.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

I only use one belt to carry my weapon and to hold up my pants...

(Monroe County)

And if you are carrying an heavy gun such as a 1911 instead of an extra belt just wear a pair of suspenders.

i found a nice heavy duty american made set at walmart in the work men's clothing section, when i wear a heavy gun in the winter i put it on , does wonders. you can wear in the summer too , just wear an undershirt . 2 belts is ridiculous.

(Chester County)

Just get a good belt. Probably will cost $60-$80.

Some vendors I've used, or know others have used:
    Crossbreed
    Beltman
    Wild Bill's Concealment