Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: great traffic stop encounter

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post
    . . . but if it isn't recorded it means nothing in front of the judge, because as-sure-as-shit the LEO will "adjust his story."
    What? You mean that a police officer would lie under oath? Say it ain't so.
    Last edited by NRA Recruiter; January 20th, 2012 at 04:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

So it has been made cleat that the OP's responses weren't the best in this situation.

What should he have done? Just remained silent when asked where he came from? And even if the cop saw and continued to ask where the guns were, still just remain silent?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by QueechoFeecho View Post
    So it has been made cleat that the OP's responses weren't the best in this situation.

What should he have done? Just remained silent when asked where he came from? And even if the cop saw and continued to ask where the guns were, still just remain silent?
    Just because one is leaving a gun range, does not mean one has guns in the car. If the OP had remained silent on the question, the officer should have no recourse but to either let him go with a warning or write him a ticket. The OP should have never acknowledged there were actually guns in the car, but remain silent.

I believe the OP feels this was a good encounter because he didn't get a ticket for grabbing his ankles.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

I would have done the same thing....op made it home, one piece, no fines (even though he broke the law)...sound like a good encounter to me

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by onerugrat View Post
    I would have done the same thing....op made it home, one piece, no fines (even though he broke the law)...sound like a good encounter to me
    Would you feel the same way if your gun was confiscated because it was run through their illegal database and didn't show up there as being "registered" to you?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Would you feel the same way if your gun was confiscated because it was run through their illegal database and didn't show up there as being "registered" to you?
    absolutely not, but the system is corrupt..

(Berks County)

As evidenced by the illegal search of the car and the illegal siezure of property.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Franklin County)

Does the fact that the system is corrupt give the cop a right to violate the op's 4th A rights? Since its ok to have an illegal database because the systems corrupt then it must be. That's your logic right?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bhuey79 View Post
    First I would lie to say hello. I joined this site quite a while ago and decided to post finally. A friend and I just recently joined hellertown sportsmans association. If anybody is familiar with the area, there's a no left turn sign at the main intersection leaving the club. I didn't notice the sign and as I made the left there happen to be a Lower Saucon LEO sitting right across the way. He pulled me over and told me about the sign and asked where we we going and had come from. I told him we had just left the club on our way home. He asked where the guns were and I told him all but one were in the trunk and that I had my LTCF and my loaded, holstered, 1911 in the center console. He asked me to step out, and I did. He picked up the gun, my LTCF and DL and all other paperwork, and came back 5 mins later with my paperwork and gun and told me, since I was upfront and honest with him, no citations would be issued for the left turn. So the guys in Lower Saucon are alright by me.
    First... Welcome to the forums.

I haven't read all of the replies but knowing the folks here as well as I do, you're being educated on your rights and where many feel you went wrong.

I'll have to count myself among those folks as well. Also, here's the obligatory "Don't talk to the police" video we all love so much. This video should be required viewing in public schools.

I sincerely hope you aren't offended by some of the replies, but instead choose to learn from them. Many here bristle when another "citizen" rolls over and tosses away their rights.

I invite you to stick around and learn what being an American really means.
    Μολὼν λάβε

So giving up your rights and allowing yourself to be taken advantage of is worth the price of a traffic ticket? Do you see how weak and pathetic that attitude is? You are a victim and that's just fine as long as you don't have to write a check for what you did wrong.

Most of us come from the opposite view. Most of us will defend our rights and our principles against the most difficult intruders. Most are strong enough to say "I broke the law. I got a ticket that I deserved. At no time was I a victim and now I know that there's 'no left turn' there."

BTW: I know the intersection well. That sign is nearly impossible to miss. Either the OP said "fuck it I don't want to have to turn around" or his awareness while driving is very seriously lacking. OP, when you carry it's a good idea to remain alert, and to drive lawfully.
    Last edited by longcall911; January 20th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast