Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Price Check?

(Allegheny County)

Default Price Check?

Hello everyone, I want to know whats a good average price on a flattop AR15 carbine? I dont need anything tooo nice (Like a Colt) but just something run of the mill with average quality that I could plink around with. Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Id also most likely be looking for a good used rifle, to cut down on cost.
    Last edited by BandanaBandit1; January 19th, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Price Check?

How about some assembly required? You can get a Del Ton M4 kit at classic arms inc http://www.classicarms.us/semi-auto%20rifles.htm for $449 and add a stripped lower from PSA for $79. (Wait till they're on sale again for $49) You could have a decent flat top on the cheap.

There's always good deals in the classified right here, just keep your eyes open.

Smit

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by smit308 View Post
    How about some assembly required? You can get a Del Ton M4 kit at classic arms inc http://www.classicarms.us/semi-auto%20rifles.htm for $449 and add a stripped lower from PSA for $79. (Wait till they're on sale again for $49) You could have a decent flat top on the cheap.

There's always good deals in the classified right here, just keep your eyes open.

Smit
    Seems like a very viable route to look into. But ive heard that accuracy with these "franken rifles" can vary greatly?

Really there is no "average" price... Just tell us what your budget is or an estimate of what it is and we can help you from there.

(Allegheny County)

My budget would probably be in the $600-750 range. I would just want to pick up something to get my feet wet with the AR platform.

(Northampton County)

For $600 to $750 you should certainly be able to find something decent. I have never tried one but from what I have read delton isn't a bad gun. Used to be able to go to the CMMG "bargain bin" and pick up a complete rifle for $559. My SIL got one of those and it's a great gun.

Have you looked at the equipment exchange section on ar15.com ? Lots of deals to be had there. Both complete rifles and parts, new and used at various prices.

Another unit in your price range is something like the S&W AR Sport. No forward assist and no dust cover but everything else is first rate. I've shot a couple of those, nice guns. I think they were in about the $650 range brand new in the box.

Smit

(Philadelphia County)

stag, from what i understand, is a good 'first time' AR. mine was 700ish new at Tanner's and has been great so far. Ive shot probably around 1000 and no signs of slowing down

i understand smith and wesson has a series of ar15s that are good budget guns.

once you have one, if you really like it and get into shooting it, you'll probably get the bug for upgrades and add ons so you can start looking at little tweaks, or whole new uppers.