Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surplus City

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Surplus City

I was in last week and bought a case of Federal American Eagle 9mm for $220. That's about as good as I've seen around here.

I noticed that they run a big sale around Thanksgiving. Do you know if they run ads for their sales during other parts of the year?

(Bucks County)

Default Another Excellent Experience at Surplus City

*Note: I am a regular at Surplus City so my opinion is HIGHLY BIASED*

With that disclaimer, I must mention that they earned my business over the years, and that I am a loyal customer for a very good reason. Their cutomer service and prices are awesome. And they take very good care of me!

I recently purchased an AWC MK9 suppressor in February - Rob ordered it for me without any money down...he went on my word for it. So we did the paperwork with the agreement I'd pay upon ATF approval.

Last weekend I went in to pay for half of it just because I didn't want them to be out the total cost while waiting for my paperwork, which I hear is taking over 6 months these days. While I was paying I noticed on the wall was a Colt 9mm AR Carbine ( model 6450). Rob said it was $1100, so I had to have it! The awesome kicker is that he charged it OTD -meaning the price to me ended up being $1033 + tax, fees, etc.

I thought I'd share another great experience I had with you all

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Another Excellent Experience at Surplus City

Anyone have experience buying a used AR from them? I’m planning on picking up my first AR very soon and I had stopped into Surplus City and liked the selection/prices but I’m new to the AR platform so I would not be able to perform as good of a function check as more experienced folks. Is it pot luck there or could I be relatively confident of what they have in stock. My fallback plan is go back to my normal shop (Tanners) and pick up something new.

Edit to add the advantage of SC for me would be picking up a used Colt vs a new lesser quality for same price.
    Last edited by G19; June 27th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

(Bucks County)

During my visit there last week they only had new AR-15's, a couple Colt 6920's and 6940's. Oh, and a few shytty Century AR-15 builds (I biased against Century builds since one blew up & almost killed me).

They often get police trade-in ARs. The last time I was there a few months ago they had "during-ban" Colt LEO pencil barreled AR's with the carry handle - $700. They were a little worn from probably bouncing around the trunk of a squad car but were probably not shot much.

I would call ahead since they come in every once in a while...or just go there all the time like I do haha!

I have bought a couple used pistols from them and have no complaints with there service or friendliness. They had some nice WW2 surplus rifles and plenty of used pistols.

Go during the July 4th weeks an you will have Rob and the staffs full attention.
    Quote: "Everybody in Philly is on vacation around the 4th thats why no ones around"

(Philadelphia County)

I picked up my 1940 Mauser K98 from them about 4 years ago. It was a Russian captured rifle and lacked the front site hood and cleaning rod, but other than that was in perfect shape. There were no scratches or cracks on the stock and the only scratches on the receiver were where the Nazi logos use to be. I stripped it, cleaned the cosmoline off of it, and reassembled it. For historical purposes (I'm into WWII history), it was a steal at $300.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12