Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Wife's new Sig Sauer

I took my wife out yesterday to look for a new pistol. She currently carries my dads old .38 Special he left me, but she needs a semi-auto that carries more ammo. She settled on the Sig Sauer P250 Nitron because she has a hard time pulling back the slides on most other similar sized guns. Her only issue was that it only comes in black. So I designed a paint scheme for it that she loves. I will have to send it to the paint shop next month.

What do you think?? She loves it, and a friend called it "ghetto". She said "Let the bad guy tell his friends he got shot with this".

Also, does anyone have this model and if so, how does it handle?

edited to new image
    Last edited by Doughdaddy; January 18th, 2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: updated to new image

(Chester County)

Default Re: Wife's new Sig Sauer

I've shot a couple of P250s. I liked it well enough. The triggers were good and it was accurate.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Northumberland County)

As long as she likes it who cares what other people say. If it brings another woman into the fold of firearms owners/carriers then good on you, paint that baby up!
    "You never lived till you almost died, for those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"

(Montgomery County)

The P250 is the shittiest pistol in the Sig line up. Do not take my word for it...

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2011/11/11/...nder-failures/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ama-continues/

Frankly I think the P250 is about 10% better than a HiPoint. You claim your wife "she needs a semi-auto that carries more ammo." I find this highly unlikely, it sounds like something you want or a perception of something that is desired, not needed. What is needed in a defensive weapon is the ability to use it effectively. Sure, the wheel gun is not in vogue and the plastic fantastics are all the rage yet they are not more effective for defense.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Northampton County)

I customize ladies firearms in the colors they choose, women like to accessorize / personalize their firearms there is absolutlely nothing wrong with that even some of the major firearms manufacturers now offer pistols in various colors directly aimed at the female market. Now the weirdest color combo that I was asked to do was by a male not a female. I don't judge I just try to coat the firearm as directed. I still shoot my wife's pistol and it has Bronx rose grips trigger and barrel accents. Goes bang and will drop a perp dead that all that counts! Brian /EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    You claim your wife "she needs a semi-auto that carries more ammo." I find this highly unlikely, it sounds like something you want or a perception of something that is desired, not needed.
    My wife insists that the hammer on the .38 stays on an empty chamber, leaving 4 rounds in the gun. She won't carry extra ammo in a purse (and even with the Sig she won't carry the extra mag) so she is stuck with 4 rounds. Under a stressful situation she tends to be a little panicky so reloading the .38 will be near impossible even is she did carry the extra rounds and she is relatively new to guns only getting her LTCF last year. So when I say she NEEDS something that holds more rounds I mean it.

But thanks for the sarcasm.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I customize ladies firearms in the colors they choose, women like to accessorize / personalize their firearms there is absolutlely nothing wrong with that even some of the major firearms manufacturers now offer pistols in various colors directly aimed at the female market. Now the weirdest color combo that I was asked to do was by a male not a female. I don't judge I just try to coat the firearm as directed. I still shoot my wife's pistol and it has Bronx rose grips trigger and barrel accents. Goes bang and will drop a perp dead that all that counts! Brian /EFR
    I may take you up on an estimate at least. I am in Franklin County so it is a bit of a drive to Easton. She originally wanted the pink Taurus 24/7 but she has a nerve condition caused by bone spurs in her spine. This causes a strength loss so she had to settle for the Sig P250 because the slide was the second easiest to pull back (the Walther 9mm was the easiest).

I was going to try and simulate the pink/black look of the Taurus 24/7 she liked but while doing the design it started coming out more purple and she loved it. Then she wanted hearts so this is what she wanted in the end.

Can you do what I show? Will painting the poly last? What would something like that cost?

(Lancaster County)

My personal opinion is not favorable. Much like the "Hello Kitty" AR-15. BUT I am not the one buying it or shooting it - so who the %!&@ cares what I think about it! I DO like your wife's attitude towards it, So good for both of you. I don't like the triggers on Sig's but they make some very good and reputable pistols.

Cb

(Lancaster County)

I dont understand why Sig compromised their brand name with the 250. I know they are looking for sales but I think they could of done much better.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    My personal opinion is not favorable. Much like the "Hello Kitty" AR-15. BUT I am not the one buying it or shooting it - so who the %!&@ cares what I think about it! I DO like your wife's attitude towards it, So good for both of you. I don't like the triggers on Sig's but they make some very good and reputable pistols.

Cb
    I would not have posted it if I didn't expect opinions. Not everyone will agree with it so I don't get upset at those that disagree. I personally wouldn't do it for my own weapon, I like a black poly with blued slide, but its hers so she can have the color she wants.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast