Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Wife's new Sig Sauer

Doughdaddy did your wife actually handle and pulled the trigger on the 250? Make sure she does before you invest in it, that being said for a few dollars more look into the Sig 2022, and if she likes Revos, look into one of these , 6 shots with fp safety in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the pic is a P290(surprised no one caught that). <edit, i'm a jackass. It is a P250SC

That said, who gives a shit what color it is as long as she has it with her when she needs it instead of at home because its ugly and doesnt go with her outfit. Ladies like to acessorize guys. Shoes, belts, purses, earrings, tons of shit.

Why not their firearms? Especially if it gets more women into guns and the hobby. We could always use more people on our side. Even if their guns are pink and purple with ivory grips and a be-dazzled slide.

I kinda like your design and dont think its ghetto. It would be ghetto if it had her name airbrushed on it somewhere or had RIP Slim or some shit on it.

Armed with a purple gun is better than un-armed and no gun at all.
    Last edited by brownman; January 19th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Doughdaddy did your wife actually handle and pulled the trigger on the 250?
    Yes she did. As I indicated earlier, it came down to the slide ease and handling of the Walther (forgot model) and the P250. She chose the Sig because it was a couple hundred less.

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    I think the pic is a P290(surprised no one caught that).

That said, who gives a shit what color it is as long as she has it with her when she needs it instead of at home because its ugly and doesnt go with her outfit. Ladies like to acessorize guys. Shoes, belts, purses, earrings, tons of shit.

Why not their firearms? Especially if it gets more women into guns and the hobby. We could always use more people on our side. Even if their guns are pink and purple with ivory grips and a be-dazzled slide.

I kinda like your design and dont think its ghetto. It would be ghetto if it had her name airbrushed on it somewhere or had RIP Slim or some shit on it.

Armed with a purple gun is better than un-armed and no gun at all.
    I disagree and agree with you. I disagree on model, it is a P250 subcompact, the P290 does not have a slide lock on it. You can see it here at the Gander Mtn site and Sig's own site.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...1&merchID=4006

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...ct-nitron.aspx

I agree on the female need to accessorize with color. If I could invent the right paint, she would have one that changed color as needed so it matched her outfit.

What she wants, she should get. My wife wants a teal colored gun. If I can ever find anything in that color, I'll get it for her. Anyone know how I can turn an FNX-9 Teal?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVBob View Post
    What she wants, she should get. My wife wants a teal colored gun. If I can ever find anything in that color, I'll get it for her. Anyone know how I can turn an FNX-9 Teal?
    You'll probably never find it in the color that a woman likes. You will have to have it painted her style. There are a couple places I know of, EFR's link above: http://www.eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/index.php or the one that's close to me is Liquid Illusions: http://www.liquidillusion.net/index.html see if they can give you a quote.

(Philadelphia County)

I've been looking at the P250 for its modularity concept. A neat one for sure. I'm a bit more cautious about the anecdotal experiences uses have, especially on the earlier releases. I generally guard against new gun designs/models/concepts, which the P250 is all of the above. I've cautioned people about the Glock Gen 4 for some of the same reasons, which turned out to be warranted with their non-subcompact Gen 4 (recoil spring issues).

In any case, I do like the size and feel of the P250. Modularity concept is awesome. Just make sure you put a lot of rounds through it before depending on it (I guess as you would with any other carry gun). Oh, and I'm all for making guns pretty for the carrier, especially if it helps them carry more.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Doughdaddy View Post
    My wife insists that the hammer on the .38 stays on an empty chamber, leaving 4 rounds in the gun. She won't carry extra ammo in a purse (and even with the Sig she won't carry the extra mag) so she is stuck with 4 rounds. Under a stressful situation she tends to be a little panicky so reloading the .38 will be near impossible even is she did carry the extra rounds and she is relatively new to guns only getting her LTCF last year. So when I say she NEEDS something that holds more rounds I mean it.

But thanks for the sarcasm.
    Take the 500-600 bucks you were going to spend on a device and invest in training. A few things are clear from your post above, and these are critical problems. Your wife has no faith in her equipment, she lacks knowledge and she has very little practice. Software is always more important than hardware, as in the person is more important than the weapon.

Look for a reputable training outfit and go to a basic class with her, build up to a basic defense class. This is an activity you can do together that will help you both. Who knows, she might be the one saving your ass with a well placed shot.

Too often I see people interested in defense willing to spend their budgeted money on more gizmos while overlooking the ability to use them. Buying a piano does not make one a musician, as the saying goes.

If your wife flatly rejects the notion of training she probably should not be carrying a firearm for defense. If that is the case, I would reccommend that she work on her cardio vascular conditioning and practice running, fast. It will be more effective and less dangerous to herself and others.

The inference is also present that you have not done a godo job teaching her how to defend herself. There is no fault in this, as not everyone is a good teacher or entirely knowledgable on a topic, that is why professionals are available for this in the free market. In summation, the problem is training not a new gizmo. I am not saying that a new pistol will be worthless, I am saying that the money spent on one would better be spent on training.

Personally, I would rather have a person with me with lots of training and a five shot snub nosed revolver than a person who thinks they know what they are doing and carrying the latest plastic fantastic that holds a bucket full of bullets.

The above sounds critical, yet you should notice the difference betweeen my input and what you are reading elsewhere. The tool is not the solution, the person holding the tool is... and you are welcome.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Take the 500-600 bucks you were going to spend on a device and invest in training. A few things are clear from your post above, and these are critical problems. Your wife has no faith in her equipment, she lacks knowledge and she has very little practice. Software is always more important than hardware, as in the person is more important than the weapon.

Look for a reputable training outfit and go to a basic class with her, build up to a basic defense class. This is an activity you can do together that will help you both. Who knows, she might be the one saving your ass with a well placed shot.

Too often I see people interested in defense willing to spend their budgeted money on more gizmos while overlooking the ability to use them. Buying a piano does not make one a musician, as the saying goes.

If your wife flatly rejects the notion of training she probably should not be carrying a firearm for defense. If that is the case, I would reccommend that she work on her cardio vascular conditioning and practice running, fast. It will be more effective and less dangerous to herself and others.

The inference is also present that you have not done a godo job teaching her how to defend herself. There is no fault in this, as not everyone is a good teacher or entirely knowledgable on a topic, that is why professionals are available for this in the free market. In summation, the problem is training not a new gizmo. I am not saying that a new pistol will be worthless, I am saying that the money spent on one would better be spent on training.

Personally, I would rather have a person with me with lots of training and a five shot snub nosed revolver than a person who thinks they know what they are doing and carrying the latest plastic fantastic that holds a bucket full of bullets.

The above sounds critical, yet you should notice the difference betweeen my input and what you are reading elsewhere. The tool is not the solution, the person holding the tool is... and you are welcome.
    You seem extremely hell bent that she not change from the revolver she has. That's fine, but again your off the mark.

I have classes being set up for her and I with a member on this site which we plan on doing in February and we plan on making the trip to Philly to take them. You can ask him yourself if you like, he posted right above you. I have been making those arrangement's well before she decided she wanted this particular gun.

(Montgomery County)

My wife insists that the hammer on the .38 stays on an empty chamber, leaving 4 rounds in the gun. She won't carry extra ammo in a purse (and even with the Sig she won't carry the extra mag) so she is stuck with 4 rounds. Under a stressful situation she tends to be a little panicky so reloading the .38 will be near impossible even is she did carry the extra rounds and she is relatively new to guns only getting her LTCF last year. So when I say she NEEDS something that holds more rounds I mean it.

But thanks for the sarcasm.
    IMHO, after reading your post, I think you should spend some money on training for your wife before choosing a gun. The bolded part is very telling

As far as the P250 is concerned, the original P250's had a bunch of issues. The most common was with the extractor failing in guns with less than 1K rounds through them. At this point, it appears as though Sig has worked out most of the teething problems with the P250's.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Montgomery County)

You seem extremely hell bent that she not change from the revolver she has. That's fine, but again your off the mark.

I have classes being set up for her and I with a member on this site which we plan on doing in February and we plan on making the trip to Philly to take them. You can ask him yourself if you like, he posted right above you. I have been making those arrangement's well before she decided she wanted this particular gun.
    I must have been posting while you posted this.

I think that you are making a wise decision is getting some training.
    I'd try to hold off on choosing a gun until after she gets trained. She might find that she's more proficient and more comfortable with a different model or platform.

There are quite a few ranges that have rental guns of all models and types. I'd get her to try a few different ones before making the decision on which one fits her needs best.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast