Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Urban Counter Assault and Tactics class

This isn't karate or martial arts. It's urban survival, hand-to-hand tactics, tactical carry and weapons deployment, personal weapons retention, and real disarming. Real proven tactics and combat mindset are regularly discussed in class. There's a regular, and on-going, urban counter assault and tactics class, every Tuesday evening, 7pm-8:30pm, in Bristol, PA. We're looking to add a weekend class as well, likely on Sunday mornings, at around 11am. This class is $15 per person, per class, with no contracts...pay as you attend.

Default Re: Urban Counter Assault and Tactics class

sounds fun. tell us more! dress code? what gear is needed? i'm out of shape, are we doing push ups?
    Last edited by dunsho; January 19th, 2012 at 12:16 PM.

No dress code at all; wear whatever you want. And, if your concern is safety when leaving work, or going out at night, wear the clothes that you'd be wearing in those situations, or something similar. Comfortable workout clothes of any type are always welcome, but the class is based on realism, and you should be able to do whatever you learn, in whatever clothes you may be wearing at any time. As the weather warms up, we'll be doing some outdoor training and running some different scenarios, so at that time, footwear should mimic what you'd normally wear. For now, we're indoor on mats, so footwear isn't a concern, but wrestling/boxing shoes are optional, and your choice. Classes often are scenario based, with a combination of active training, and discussion of a multitude of combat related issues and the combative-mindset. We'll discuss your thought process based on the different scenarios you could potentially encounter, and how they may unfold, the criminal's/assailant's thought process, the differences between dominance-type behavior, and violent (life and death) assault, and many other things as well. There is a physical component of course, but in shape or out of shape, anyone will be able to keep up. And, your level of conditioning should improve with attendance. For now, just bring yourself. If you have training knives, and/or "blue/red guns" or airsoft guns, please bring those. Down the line, I'd like to see the class participants each own a training knife, and training gun that mimics their EDC weapons, or the weapons they keep for self-defense in their homes/cars. Weapons carry options, and tactical deployment during violent encounters, will be key and regularly discussed topics; along with defense against, and survival of potentially deadly encounters (weapons, multiple assailants, etc.). In addition, we'll regularly discuss the legal, psychological, and physical repercussions and potentialities that will likely need to be addressed. Thanks so much for your interest. I can give you more details if you'd like, just PM me. Thanks again, and take care.

i'll stop by in feb, probably bring atleast 1 buddy.

This sounds cool, wish I lived closer.
    and to the dust you shall return

@Brownman, thanks for your interest, and who knows, maybe an opportunity for you to check us out will present itself in the future.

@dunsho, I look forward to meeting you, and whoever else you may bring with you. I'll see you in February!

My sincere thanks, once again, for showing interest in our program. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or PM me. Thanks. Take care.

planning to stop in tonite.

what's the address??