Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PMSC Members?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC Members?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    From here: http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=faq
    "If you join from September to December (August membership is typically closed) you will pay $5 for each month remaining in the year. "
    oooh, that's not so bad!

(Westmoreland County)

Been shooting weekly here.... well worth the money. I highly recommend joining.

Also, come to our gun bash at the end of July. I still have a couple of tickets... July 29, White Oak, PA, doors open at noon, drawings start at 1. 25 bucks.

UPDATE: Sold mine. Check out pmsconline.com for info on who to call to find them.
    Last edited by ifman; June 20th, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

(Allegheny County)

I think I may go to the open shoot tomorrow!~

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSand View Post
    I think I may go to the open shoot tomorrow!~

Post to the thread below to let the organizers know you're a PAFOA member and are planning on attending.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shoots-range-...-4-2012-a.html
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Hate to revive an old thread but didn't think it was necessary to start a new "new to the area and want to join PMSC" thread
    But... I am and I do. I've been reading what i can about the place and am impresed on paper. I've been a gun owner all my life but never shot at a range until moving here and checking out Wexford, being from the Breezewood area all the shooting was done on farms. The lack of any sort of range master with ~10 people there kind of bothered me given the level of general etiquette. Especially since the trip was intended to get my girl some live practice on fundamentals. Sooo... needless to say im very interested in joining PMSC but im confused a bit on pricing currently. What would it cost me and my girl (happily unmarried but would like to check spouse lol) to join in say Sept? and im poking around but having trouble finding anything current on something like a PAFOA shoot-day, being as new as I am everyone I know here are people from work and non of them seem like the gun enthusiast type so it would be nice to meet a few cats.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    Hate to revive an old thread but didn't think it was necessary to start a new "new to the area and want to join PMSC" thread
    But... I am and I do. I've been reading what i can about the place and am impresed on paper. I've been a gun owner all my life but never shot at a range until moving here and checking out Wexford, being from the Breezewood area all the shooting was done on farms. The lack of any sort of range master with ~10 people there kind of bothered me given the level of general etiquette. Especially since the trip was intended to get my girl some live practice on fundamentals. Sooo... needless to say im very interested in joining PMSC but im confused a bit on pricing currently. What would it cost me and my girl (happily unmarried but would like to check spouse lol) to join in say Sept? and im poking around but having trouble finding anything current on something like a PAFOA shoot-day, being as new as I am everyone I know here are people from work and non of them seem like the gun enthusiast type so it would be nice to meet a few cats.

Until you marry her your stuck with getting her a full membership. Or if you don't think she'll use it much, just bring her as a guest and pay the $5.

Here's all the info you'll need to apply:
    http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=membership

Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

BACK FROM THE DEAD! THE PMSC POST LIVES ON!

I actually went ahead and joined PMSC shortly after I started this thread a while back and I absolutely love it. The facilities are great, fantastic hours, a mostly modern indoor range, free steel pistol range, affordable skeet and trap shooting, long range rifle, pistol bays - in other words, it's a Sportsman's dream come true.

I highly recommend becoming a member at PMSC. Just about everyone I have met when shooting there has been very friendly and very open - I know that some people have had negative experiences there in the past but in my opinion, it just like any other club/organization: YOU GET OUT WHAT YOU PUT IN!

If you go and use the facilities (respectfully, don't be dumb - like shooting glass bottles, or using features that IDPA uses as obstacles as target holders) and always clean up after yourself and you'll never catch any flak. Use your head, remember the rules of firearm safety and SMILE and I can assure you that you'll always have a good time.

I'm not past my 1 year introductory membership yet, otherwise I would absolutely sign your membership form - but if you go to any membership meeting and ask around (don't be shy, everyone who goes to these meetings is very kind) then someone will sign your membership form.

Best of luck! If you have any questions or if you ever want to tour the facilities, PM me!
    this is not legal advice.

(Butler County)

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they only consider applicants that have been in Pittsburgh for at least 7 years. Does anyone know if this is true, and does the applicant have to be from Allegheny county? I'm in Butler county, but frankly my choices for ranges are crappy at best. This place looks like an awesome facility for a fair price, and is involved with IDPA which I'd like to get into at some point.

(Allegheny County)

No such rule at all. Anyone can join.

(Allegheny County)

I've been wanting to join for a while but usually end up going to the public range near Cranberry or my friend's farm which is rather far away. PMSC has more to offer and is a A LOT closer to my house so I really want to join. I'm finally free on a Wednesday evening so I'll be going to the membership meeting this week to start the process.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234