Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Glock 26 Gen 3 to Glock 19 Gen 4

Hey guys really just looking for some advice and reinsurance here. The second handgun I bought was my Glock 26, I replaced my SW9VE Sigma 9mm. I really love the gun but every since buying a Ruger LCP it spends all but maybe 1 day a week in my safe. When I do carry it, it's in a OWB Serpa Blackhawk Holster. My dad has a Glock 23 that I have also carried in the same holster and I can defiantly feel a little size difference but it's not to bad. How do people like thier New Glock 19 Gen 4s I know some people were having problems but everything seems good now. Also general idea what do you think a Used Glock 26, about 1K rounds through it would sell for. I have the 2 factory mags, 2 12 round factory mags, and 1 Glock 19 Gen 3 mag.

My main reason for wantin to make the switch is that I am left handed. I mean at the range it's no big deal all the other guns I own or my friends own are only right handed. How big of a difference do you think it makes for any lefties out there.

Thanks guys. Also if anyone in the area 19054 has one they would be willing to let me shoot I'd really appreciate it.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glock 26 Gen 3 to Glock 19 Gen 4

The gen 4's are only better for lefties if you plan to switch the mag release, in which case you can only use the gen 4 mags.

Have you tried using a mag extension on the 26? It makes the grip very similar to that of a 19, just a little bit shorter.

A used Glock 26 will probably sell for around 400 bucks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    The gen 4's are only better for lefties if you plan to switch the mag release, in which case you can only use the gen 4 mags.

Have you tried using a mag extension on the 26? It makes the grip very similar to that of a 19, just a little bit shorter.

A used Glock 26 will probably sell for around 400 bucks.
    Bac0nfat - I have tried pretty much every extender for the Glock 26, I have pierce, the 12 round factory mags, and a Glock 19 mag. The piece +0 seems to be my favorite. I guess the main point of my post was just to see how people liked the new Glock Gen 4s. And changing the mag release is the first thing I would do, I also know all my current mags will not work. Thanks

(Bucks County)

My wife has a Gen 4 Glock 26, and though we haven't shot it yet, we both really like it. The texture of the frame is an improvement from the gen 3's, the interchangeable backstraps are nice, and the large mag release is easier to use while still slim enough not to snag. I also have more confidence in the guide rod assembly since it is not plastic.

(Allegheny County)

I have an older 4th gen 19. It had many problems, but I was able to fix them with $40 of after market parts.

If you want a 19, I would post in the classifieds that you just want to trade your 26 for a 19. Shouldn't be too difficult.

If you have a hard time carrying the glock, you might want to try a different holster. Serpa's don't conceal very well.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by offshorebear View Post
    I have an older 4th gen 19. It had many problems, but I was able to fix them with $40 of after market parts.

If you want a 19, I would post in the classifieds that you just want to trade your 26 for a 19. Shouldn't be too difficult.

If you have a hard time carrying the glock, you might want to try a different holster. Serpa's don't conceal very well.
    Thanks, what OWB left handed holster would you reccomend?

(Bucks County)

I highly recommend the Galco FLETCH holster for OWB. It conceals well, is very secure, well made, looks nice, and is comfortable.

(Allegheny County)

I almost always IWB in a comptac spartan. My OWB is Atomic Dog kydex.

The Serpa doesn't carry very close to the body, so it tends to print more, among other things.

(Chester County)

For great kydex holsters IWB or OWB check out Dale Fricke. Be careful with the Serpa. It's getting a bad rep from being involved in many ADs.

(Mercer County)

If you buy a new Gen4 G19, make sure you have the 0-4-3 RSA and the 30274 marked ejector. If those are in the gun, you're good to go.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast