Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default They just pasted a bill here advocating open carry?

They just pasted a bill here advocating open carry? Most of my stuff is based on CC now I got to get me some dress leather and casual leather. Most of my stuff is lightweight back or camo nylon or polymer pancake holsters.

What are some goo suggestions of dress and casual leather or nylon IWB or pancake leather (reasonably priced). Now is the time for one of my good looking 1911s or lightweight Glock but since its open carry maybe one of my good looking Berettas decisons, decisions;-) In the Land of the Free.

Would you open carry or continue CC? Open is faster you don't have to move your coat or shrit out of the way. When seconds count you need every nano second.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: They just pasted a bill here advocating open carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    They just pasted a bill here advocating open carry? Most of my stuff is based on CC now I got to get me some dress leather and casual leather. Most of my stuff is lightweight back or camo nylon or polymer pancake holsters.

What are some goo suggestions of dress and casual leather or nylon IWB or pancake leather (reasonably priced). Now is the time for one of my good looking 1911s or lightweight Glock but since its open carry maybe one of my good looking Berettas decisons, decisions;-) In the Land of the Free.

Would you open carry or continue CC? Open is faster you don't have to move your coat or shrit out of the way. When seconds count you need every nano second.
    Congratulation, at the top of my list I would immediately look into some retention training courses. It could save your life. Also make a good investment in a level 2 retention holster.

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    Congratulation, at the top of my list I would immediately look into some retention training courses. It could save your life. Also make a good investment in a level 2 retention holster.

456 - when I was a cop, body guard and security personal I've already been through the retention class use to help teach them. What kind of leather do I need to wear that is light weight and has these features. But reasonably priced. I'll review study guide for retention and see if much has changed probably not if it works they don't fix it.
    Last edited by Neko456; January 19th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.

(Perry County)

It is good that your state allows open carry; however, I would still prefer to carry concealed. No reason for anyone to know I am armed, or not for that matter.

(Allegheny County)

"Pasted"?...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "Pasted"?...
    Wrong thread, try here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/16...-too-more.html

(Beaver County)

I used to open carry a lot but I had a bad experience once at a mall that I didn't know I wasn't supposed to carry in (a small sign at 1 of their 1000 entrances) so I don't anymore. Just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. It's like people who put their phone on speaker out in public or drive around town with their windows down so everyone can hear their music even though it's 10 degrees outside. I kind of think of it as a 'hey, look at me!' thing now. I prefer to carry concealed, not call attention to myself by being the guy with the gun on his hip.

If I knew other people who OC or had EVER seen ANYONE open carry in Pittsburgh, maybe I would feel differently but my experiences with OC have kind of soured me on it. It may be completely different in other areas though. Try it and judge for yourself whether it's for you or not. People may be more accepting of open carry in your area than mine but what concerns me is that it is a NEW BILL. OC is nothing new here in PA but almost no one knows that it's legal and almost everyone insists I'm wrong and I'd be arrested if the police saw me doing it. All of these are reasons why I choose to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    What are some goo suggestions of dress and casual leather or nylon IWB or pancake leather (reasonably priced).
    Don Hume Leather.

Tagua Leatherworks.

There are LOTS of great holster makers, but these two are both good and affordable. Other, like Mitch Rosen, have great gear but it's priced above my pay grade.

I was on a Alaskan Cruise 3-4 yrs ago. I was wearing a NRA sweatshirt and a guy comes up and starts talking guns and stuff. Had a nice chat, before he left he said that when him and his wife got back to Oklahoma their CCW permits would be ready. He was real pissed about the illegals coming through and wanted some protection. I am glad you guys are getting open carry.
    I happen to like Galco leather, my 1911 looks good in it.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
    Don Hume Leather.

Tagua Leatherworks.

There are LOTS of great holster makers, but these two are both good and affordable. Other, like Mitch Rosen, have great gear but it's priced above my pay grade.
    456 - I'll check them out and see what I can find maybe for CC and OC when everybodies doing it. I don't want to be the target to eliminate 1st say if they were going to rob a place. I won't do it all the time probably in areas where everybody is OC. That word of caution was acknowledged thanks Misery556.

I'll also try to find Galco leather for my 1911s thanks, Grizzly2720.
    Last edited by Neko456; January 20th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.