Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Witness 45

(Washington County)

Default Witness 45

New to the forum, I have been looking at purchasing something soon. Right now I am pretty interested in the full size eaa witness preferably the 45s. Does anyone have any positive or negatives about this gun, reliability etc?

I also have been looking at the conversion 22 kits for them, but keep reading they are less reliable out the box.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Witness 45

Iv been looking at a witness in 10mm. All reviews I find and info from people on here is almost all good. Id say do it! They arnt too expensive and seem to be quite popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Monroe County)

I have the EAA Witness in .45 but i have the Polymer Version, Mine is the Competition model , designed for Competition such as IDPA etc. also it is comped.
    If you do get one make sure it comes with the updated mags, the updated mags have red followers, the old mags came with black followers which were jamomatics.

EAA sells the red followers for $5 a piece if you have to update your mags.

Great Guns feels just like my CZ's but just a lot lighter and is match accurate.
    I carrmy mine sometimes.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    Iv been looking at a witness in 10mm. All reviews I find and info from people on here is almost all good. Id say do it! They arnt too expensive and seem to be quite popular.
    You used the right "too"... But you misspelled "aren't".

Prices are very good, and so are reviews. Accuracy, comfort, and reliability were all good. Only concern for me was holsters... Ain't none.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

I have one in .38 Super and got a 10mm slide and barrel for it. Both shoot good, very simple to swap and feel good to my hand. I say get one.

I have a witness 79 which is a compact 10 shot 45acp. It ergonomics are great it fits myhands well every thing seem setup to be accurate with high 3 dot sights handleling the gun seems like an extention of your arm. It has a very low bore over frame design even lower then the Glock which should add to aiming at the target is like pointing your finger.

My problem is that I needs another magazine the Pro mag suppose to hold 10 rounds bt any more then 6 rounds with one down the pipe making 7, will jam after 7 loaded in the mag. Other then that it a good pistol.

I'll have to check on those mag updates.

(Northampton County)

Lightbulb Re: Witness 45

I've owned and shot an EAA Witness Wonder (finish) .45ACP full size for 12 years. After a little ramp polishing and installing a heavier recoil spring - it has been flawless in function. The accuracy has been outstanding. Holsters that fit the CZ75 series will work for the Witness, also any of the Uncle Mike's large frame woven nylon holsters.
    It also fits very well in the pigskin CZ52 holsters, if you want a flap protection. Buy it, it not only looks good it fits good.
    Jim Hauff H&R Collector In memory of my friends Bill Goforth and Jim Ritchie.

(Washington County)

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered a full size steel 45 from budsgunshop. Hopefully it comes in by next week.