Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Survival/End of world gun

some people on here watch to many hollywood movies. for 90% of the people it would be more like when shit hits your pants, not shit hits the fan. try to hunker down alone in your home and you wont last a few days. the best weapons for shtf is to make sure you have a group of people all on the same side. i am talking the whole neighborhood or getting 30 family members. if people think they are going to survive with their wife or alone your crazy. you have to basicly have a small army of people you can trust to work together to defend your small mapped out area, weather its a 400 acre farm, or a 1 block area in the city. everyone armed of course. even then you might get beat up hard. if it ever came down to just bugging out alone, be prepared to bug a few hundred miles on foot, then you will need survival skills. maybe 1% of the population has them. i want rocket launchers and other things that blow up. gernades, dynomite, c4...whatever. your little ak or 9mm wont do shit if it came down to the survival people here are talking about.
    whoever has a tank, rocket launcher or F15 plane they want to trade for my 9mm....send me an email, i will trade today.

(Northampton County)

Talking Re: Survival/End of world gun

Quote Originally Posted by psyork22 View Post
    If you really think about the question, I think there is no one gun to fill every need. My biggest concern would be ammo. The easiest way to stock up on a large supply of ammo would be .22 caliber. I reload and have powder, primers, bullets, and brass but if I really wanted have a great volume of rounds it would be in .22 cal. They are cheap, come in a great variety, small and therefore easy to install large quantities. The argument against would be not enough stopping power but I think hunting would be more important and just the physical sight of having a gun would be a good defense deterant. So, I do have and would suggest owning a bolt, semi. and handgun in .22 cal. Three inexpensive guns for the price of 1000 rounds of .308
    Ive been saying the exact same thing for years.

I'm just now finding this thread and I too have also thought about this just for fun.

My first choice would be a short barreled AR 15. Something around the 10.5 inch barrel zone with either full auto capability or a slidefire stock on it for those up close defensive situations.

Second choices would be any PDW like a MP7, or even the FN five seven pistol like shown above.

By the way Val....thats an awful lot of magazines your going to have to turn in when this gun ban gets passed. LMAO
    [account deactivated]

Ideally I would have several EoW guns.

AR style rifles in 5.56 and 308

Bolt action 30 caliber scout rifle with a detachable magazine

Semi auto handgun (probably a high capacity 9 mm though I prefer 1911s)

357 magnum revolver

22 caliber rifles for small game

If I could only choose only one rifle from the above, it would probably be the bolt action scout rifle...less parts to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    By the way Val....thats an awful lot of magazines your going to have to turn in when this gun ban gets passed. LMAO
    Just a few of those mags are probably worth more than your gun.

(Philadelphia County)

It would all depend on how the world was ending and what outfit I'm wearing.
    AK with folding stock
    Lever action 357 magnum
    Ruger 10/22

when the SHTF i will be out of luck because i privately sold all of my long guns to a nice LTCF toting pennsylvania gentleman i met at the gun shop. better start sharpening some sticks.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Just a few of those mags are probably worth more than your gun.
    And I'm sure Ms. Feinstein will give you a nice $100 gift card for Giant Eagle for the whole pile of them. haha
    [account deactivated]

They'll be sold long before a ban if i decide it is really a serious concern...for a huge profit.

I'm already selling off some of my SS198 LE ammo because the prices are SO outrageous right now.

This wouldn't be a bad survival pairing...my S&W M&P15 and my Ruger 22/45, both in .22 LR:

Sometimes it just pays to be quiet.
    Last edited by Valorius; January 1st, 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526