Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default WWII Three Gun Match at DCFS This Sunday, 11/11

This Sunday morning (11/11/12), the hi-power range at Delco Field & Stream will be holding a three-gun "World War Two Era" action match.

Course of fire consists of:

8 shots sitting from a pump-action 12ga shotgun at four steel plates set at approximately 20 yards. Must reload 4 shots.
    20 shots standing from a semi-automatic handgun at five steel places set at approximately 25 feet. Shooter will need four magazines, each loaded with five rounds of ammunition (cast bullets only).
    8 shots offhand within 8 minutes from a bolt action or semi-automatic rifle at four bowling pins set at 100 yards.

Scoring: The shotgun and pistol stages are timed. Each miss or procedural error adds five seconds to the shooter's score. Each hit with the rifle takes five seconds off. Lowest overall time wins.

Ammo Restrictions:

Shotgun - #8 shot or smaller only. No high-brass.
    Handgun - Cast bullets only. No jacketed bullets.

Firearms:

Shotgun - Any pump-action 12ga shotgun. Includes Winchester 1897, Ithaca 37, Remington 870.
    Handgun - Any semi-automatic handgun of a type used by combatants during the World War Two era. Fixed or adjustable iron/open sights only (no scopes, red-dots) Example: 1911A1.
    Rifle - Any bolt action or semi-automatic rifle of a type used by combatants during the World War Two. Iron/open sights only. Examples include M1 Garand, K98, Arisaka, Mosin Nagant, 1903, M1 Carbine

If you don't have one of the required types of firearms, don't let that stop you from coming by. Many shooters will let you borrow one of theirs for the match, although reimbursement for ammo costs would probably be appreciated.

Classes - Target class (adjustable pistol sights) and Military class (fixed pistol sights).

Match fee is $8.

Feel free to stop by. This event is open to the public. You do not have to be a DCF&S member to participate.

We start at 9AM. All participants must be signed-up by Noon.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Hope to see some new faces there.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: WWII Three Gun Match at DCFS This Sunday, 11/11

I am going to try to make this one I really wanted to do the Vietnam 3 gun last month but got tied up . never shot a bowling pin at 100 do you know a local shop that has bowling pin targets or do you think Ed will let us practice with real pins this week

(Delaware County)

I just got back from the match I do have to say this was a good time very fun game to play . I do have to work on the long ball trying to hit the bowling pin at 100 yards off hand with a mosin nagant was a challenge.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    I just got back from the match I do have to say this was a good time very fun game to play . I do have to work on the long ball trying to hit the bowling pin at 100 yards off hand with a mosin nagant was a challenge.
    Thanks for stopping by to participate.

The Mosin Nagant can be a very accurate rifle, and we did have a couple people shooting them yesterday. You gotta get out there and practice your offhand shooting. Surprisingly, the guys with the best rifle scores (5 and 4 respetively) each shot with Garands. I thought the 1903-A3 shooters would have done better.

Next month (12/9) we're holding a "Wild Bunch" match. Same course of fire using a semi-automatic shotgun, 1911 and Springfield 1903A3 rifle. The 1911 has to be fired with one hand though. The club provides the shotgun and/or rifle in case you don't have one or both.