Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: DCFS 2012 Table Trap Fun Shoots

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Polish Shoot starts around noon and ends whenever everyone, including RO's, have had their turn at each station. 3:30 is pushing it Al, may be over by then.

You need 25 shells, #8 or smaller, no high brass/hunting loads.

$5 to enter.

Best score of the day wins some fresh Kielbasi.

We are teaching a couple girls to shoot for the first time at SPAG, which opens at 12pm on Sunday. Definitely won't be able to get there until 3:30p at the earliest.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    We are teaching a couple girls to shoot for the first time at SPAG, which opens at 12pm on Sunday. Definitely won't be able to get there until 3:30p at the earliest.

Al
    Al, this is the first shoot of the season, it may not be as heavily participated in as the later shoots, therefore it may not last as long.

We have 7 shoots for the year. Each shoot has a winner (in each division). However there is an overall winner for the season who gets a DCFS club jacket, I won the "B" division last year. The winner is determined by taking the best 6 shoots of each individual and whomever has the best score wins. So in reality you can miss a shoot and still win the season, although you need to pay the $5 for all 7.

(Philadelphia County)

Al, this is the first shoot of the season, it may not be as heavily participated in as the later shoots, therefore it may not last as long.

We have 7 shoots for the year. Each shoot has a winner (in each division). However there is an overall winner for the season who gets a DCFS club jacket, I won the "B" division last year. The winner is determined by taking the best 6 shoots of each individual and whomever has the best score wins. So in reality you can miss a shoot and still win the season, although you need to pay the $5 for all 7.

Oh, I was just letting you know why I can't make it earlier. I'd love to participate for fun whenever I can attend. Not really interested in the competitive aspect of the event....still way too new at it. Thanks for the info though.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Delaware County)

Oh, I was just letting you know why I can't make it earlier. I'd love to participate for fun whenever I can attend. Not really interested in the competitive aspect of the event....still way too new at it. Thanks for the info though.

Al
    That is/was my feeling as well, last season was my first full season with a shotgun, yet I ended up winning the B division.

Come anyway, once the shoot is over you can still shoot for fun.

(Philadelphia County)

That is/was my feeling as well, last season was my first full season with a shotgun, yet I ended up winning the B division.

Come anyway, once the shoot is over you can still shoot for fun.

For sure! We will be there taking our friends shooting trap for the first time. Also, I just got a new Lanber 2097 (replaced my Silver Reserve) that I'm anxious to try out. See you Sunday.

Al

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: Today's the day, Table Trap Funs shoots start, 2012

Bump for the first shoot of the season, come on out and have some fun.

(Delaware County)

I will be at delco field and stream on Saturday with my wife and kid we are looking to get a family membership from what I understand you need references from members so if you guys are there and would like to help us out that would be cool

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    I will be at delco field and stream on Saturday with my wife and kid we are looking to get a family membership from what I understand you need references from members so if you guys are there and would like to help us out that would be cool
    My wife and I will be there Saturday morning around 10AM would be happy to help. You will need an officer's signature as well and I'm sure we'll find someone there who will. You will have to complete the orientation before you can join. soberbyker can correct me, but I think orientation is only given on Sundays at around noon.

Al

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    My wife and I will be there Saturday morning around 10AM would be happy to help. You will need an officer's signature as well and I'm sure we'll find someone there who will. You will have to complete the orientation before you can join. soberbyker can correct me, but I think orientation is only given on Sundays at around noon.

Al
    You'll get the signatures you'll need with no problem just have a valid ID on you, but yes, Al is correct, you need to do the orientation walk through, Sundays, noon to 12:30 is when it starts, before you can officially submit your application. The whole family doesn't need to be present, but it's wise if they can attend to have them there so they can get a feel for the place and rules first hand.

(Delaware County)

Yes fats, as sober indicates, you need a walk through and I would suggest you take notes regarding limitations on each range. The club has more rules than your run of the mill convent.

I am a member at Delco and have come to terms with the above. It is a nice club, convenient for me, and the facilities are great as well as being kept in good condition. The programs they offer are more diverse than just about any club in the area.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast