Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Firearms Auction 12 NOON January 24th

Firearm Auction
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 12 NOON
    Preview: Beginning at 8 A.M. day of auction

For more details visit: AlderferAuction.com

Firearms including approx 500+ lots of Modern, Sporting, Collectible, Military and Antique arms, Accessories and collection of long/recurve bows. Canoe and Kayak.

Bid live in-person or online at Artfact Live or AuctionZip Live

Modern Handguns:
    Many high quality pistols and revolvers including many Smith & Wesson Models- 18, 24, 25, 28, 48, 52, 547, 624, 625, 686, 696, K22, K38; Ruger- Blackhawks, MKI, Single Six, MKII NRA; Colt- Bisley single action .44-40; Metropolitan, MKIII, National Match Gold Cup .38, 1911, 1903 Pocket Hammer; Browning HI-Power; Savage Automatics; Glock; Taurus and others.

Shotguns: Browning Belgium made Lightning’s; Ljutic Dyna Trap; Verona 28ga o/u; Remington 32TC o/u; Winchester 101; Browning Twelvette; variety of Winchester Model 12’s; Selection of many other field/sporting guns by Browning, Remington, Ithaca, Winchester, Mossberg, etc.

Rifles: 75+ high power target/varmint rifles many heavy barrel and custom bench rest models- Remington models- 700, 722, 725, 788, 40X, 40XBR; Ruger models- 77, No. 1; Savage; Winchester; Sako; Weatherby and others. Many fine quality scopes to be sold separately by Leupold, Burris, Nikon, Sightron, etc.

Tactical/Sporter Rifles: Colt SP1; Springfield M1A1; Many heavy barrel AR15 style with floated barrels; Bushmaster; Cetme, Vepr, AK47, SKS and more!
    Lever Actions- Winchester model- 88, 71, 1894 Sporting takedown in .32WS; Marlin’s. Large quantity of 22 rimfire collector and field guns- Winchester 52 & 75; Remington 512X; Colt M1 AR style and many other sporter’s. Modern black powder rifles and revolvers.

Military Handguns: Luger’s; P.38; FN Hi-Power, Canadian MKI.
    Military Rifles- German K 98’s, G43, K43; U.S.- M1 Garand’s including a NM & Carbine’s, 03-A3’s; FN 49’s; Egyptian Rasheed’s and more.

Antiques: US Springfield Trapdoor’s; Enfield MkIV (Martini) w/bayonet; Winchester 1893 shotgun, Model 1873 in .32; Sharps pepperbox; Allen’s pat. Pepperboxes.

Other: 14’ Winooski Mad River canoe; 12’ Walden Scout kayak; Ammunition, books, gun cases, edged weapons, large quantity of “clay birds”; and other related accessories.

BOWS: Vast collection of over 100+ long and recurve bows from wide range of manufacturer’s including- Stemmler, Wing, Hoyt, Blackhawk, Browning, Bear, Galaxie, Sabre, Ben Pearson, Indian and others, many other wooden longbows and vintage bow accessories.

Next Firearm Auction March 20, 2012 consignment deadline is February 17!

13% Buyers Premium, 3% Discount for Cash or Check.
    All Firearms Sold under State and Federal Laws.

Default Re: Firearms Auction 12 NOON January 24th

13% buyers premium.Sounds like an Obama tax scheme.Even those crooks at Barrett-Jackson only charge 8%,but they get it from buyers and sellers.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1945 View Post
    13% buyers premium.Sounds like an Obama tax scheme.Even those crooks at Barrett-Jackson only charge 8%,but they get it from buyers and sellers.
    Quite right. I was going to make the drive to this but at 13% premium over high bid not worth the trip. Too bad as there lookekd like some nice stuff on the auction list.

(Warren County)

A buddy and I thought about it, but with the premium and the fact that it was during work hours on a weekday......... we passed.........
    Tim , USAF Ret.

I was at the auction for an hour before I got disgusted by the ridiculous prices and left. Most firearms were selling for blue book value plus. That's before the 10% buyers premium (if paying cash or check) and 6% tax. Nonetheless, the place was mobbed!

(Montgomery County)

My experience is that most gavel prices are more than what I am willing to pay OTD - never-mind the buyers premium, tax, PICS/NICS, Lock ... but I am a careful buyer and not generally too impulsive.

I have picked up a few reasonable finds (firearms related and non-firearms) through the years. And I have sold through them. They are very nice people to deal with.

Oh, and sellers pay a sliding scale percentage too.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    My experience is that most gavel prices are more than what I am willing to pay OTD - never-mind the buyers premium, tax, PICS/NICS, Lock ... but I am a careful buyer and not generally too impulsive.

I have picked up a few reasonable finds (firearms related and non-firearms) through the years. And I have sold through them. They are very nice people to deal with.

Oh, and sellers pay a sliding scale percentage too.
    So, they're gouging people at both ends. Nice. I'm all for free enterprise but 13% on the buyers end PLUS more off the seller up front. One would have to win some very reasonable bids on order to make it worth their while after the final cost at the end. Does this place charge a transfer fee as well for FLls and Non-FFLs?

All this makes me very happy I didn't waste the day attending.

(Elk County)

The last firearm auction I attended was in 1980. It was the second firearm auction I experienced, and two were enough to prove to me that they are mostly a waste of time and money, intended for firearm enthusiasts with more money than brains.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    So, they're gouging people at both ends. Nice. I'm all for free enterprise but 13% on the buyers end PLUS more off the seller up front. One would have to win some very reasonable bids on order to make it worth their while after the final cost at the end. Does this place charge a transfer fee as well for FLls and Non-FFLs?

All this makes me very happy I didn't waste the day attending.
    There is a transfer fee for non-FFL's/C&R's only. Also, not that it's a big deal, a $1 lock fee. Can't bring you own lock either!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    The last firearm auction I attended was in 1980. It was the second firearm auction I experienced, and two were enough to prove to me that they are mostly a waste of time and money, intended for firearm enthusiasts with more money than brains.

Noah
    You are quite right in general. However, I've gotten some very good deals at various firearms auctions. Noteably, the one at the Washington Gun Show and the local Mill Creek Auction here in Ligonier. The trick is to know if there are any fees at the end and then set yourself a limit as to your top bid + any fees and hold to that.

What I do is set two bids. What would I like to get an item for and one as the absolute top bid I'll go for it. This gives me a bit of leeway.

Either way, no matter what, one HAS to be strong, keep your head, and not sucumb to "auction fever". As Noah pointed out, not everyone it seems can do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast