Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: Extended Magazines For SP2022?

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    That SIG mag looks just as horrendous IMO as the Mec-Gar and is going to cost at least three times as much.
    Eh . . . Different strokes for different folks. You may not like the way the extended magazines look but you have to admit the Sig mag is a much better fit to the gun.

(Indiana County)

Eh, either way...

I think the 2022 can use a 229 mag IIRC and I believe that Mec-Gar base plate is the same one that was on the 229 mags I had.

This is probably why the fit is off for the 2022.

Oh well.

[QUOTE=Misery556;1862850]Here's my issue with Mecgar . . . I'm not doubting it will shoot fine but their +2 base pad is not shaped like the base pad of the SP2022, it's flat. So if it has the same +2 base pad as their other extended mags, I would end up with about a 1/4" gap between where the grip ends and the magazine begins. That would be uncomfortable to shoot with and it would look like crap. I can't imagine that Sig and Mecgar would overlook something like that and then mass produce a magazine that fit the pistol as poorly as I'm thinking it would. This is the stock photo of the MG 17 rounder and beneath that is the Sig (20 rounder?) extended magazine I found while browsing tonight. Notice the difference in the base pads.

Where did you find the Sig 20 round mags?? I heard they were coming out with them but wasnt sure when - I definitely want some my 2022!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by gipbmac View Post
    Where did you find the Sig 20 round mags?? I heard they were coming out with them but wasnt sure when - I definitely want some my 2022!
    I'm still waiting for them actually. I found a photo of the Sig ACP rail system with an SP2022 and extended magazine in it. Scott from Sig said they'd be available 'soon' but that doesn't mean anything. I may get lucky and see some at the gun show this weekend . . . Who knows?

I'm looking for a 15 rd mag for the sp2022 40 can't find em anywhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12