Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Jim Thorpe Gun Show Jan 28 & 29, 2012

Gun Show Jan 28 (9-4) & Jan 29 (9-3)
    Jim Thorpe Memorial Hall
    East 10th Street (off Route 903 on east side of Lehigh River)
    Jim Thorpe, PA

Guns, Ammunition, Accessories, Scopes, Parts, Militaria, Tactical, Self-Defense, Antiques

Promoted by Commonwealth Target Co. (570) 640-0144

Buy, Sell, Trade

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Jim Thorpe Gun Show Jan 28 & 29, 2012

I've never heard of this gun show before. Is this the first time for it? Also, what is parking going to be like? Will it be the typical 3 mile march to get anywhere in jim thorpe because there's only 20 parking spots in the entire town
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Carbon County)

If it's the place I am thinking, the hall is big. Not Allentown Ag Hall big, but it's decent. A friend got married there a few years ago. Parking lot isn't huge either though, unless they re-did it. Parking may be a problem. I actually have to go to Jim Thorpe tomorrow morning, I will swing by after my appt and get a better idea.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Northampton County)

How many tables?

(Lackawanna County)

might be interested in this one also....will wait for more details

(Carbon County)

Headed up to this show later this morning. It's been a few years since they have had it here. The hall isn't as big as the Split Rock show. I'd say it's about as big as where they have the Days Inn show in Allentown. Maybe a wee bit bigger. Parking isn't usually a problem. There is a lot right aside of the hall, and street parking around the Memorial Park area.

Found some nice double barrel shotguns there in the past. I'm curious to see how prices are going to be this weekend. While the SR show was bigger, I was able to find some better ammo prices at the DI show. Different promoters, and there is only one way to find out.

(Carbon County)

Was at the show today, twice. Plenty of parking. The vendors said it was busy in the morning, but not so much this afternoon. I counted 58 tables with items on them, but only about half were actually full of items. It was a bit "light" on items.

Not a lot of ammo vendors, no bulk 223. Some of the ammo that was there, was priced well enough that I bought several boxes.

Some military items. Some nice old swords that had decent enough prices that they were gone mid day. Nothing really AR related. A few tables of M1's, and several M1A carbines. The carbines were from $650 and up, the M1's were mostly over a grand. An assortment of various rifles and shotguns. The prices seemed mostly fair on what was there. One guy had two tables of beautiful wood blanks for anyone interested in making their own grips and such.

When I went back I got a Ruger 10/22 SS/SYN for $239, $264 out the door. He wouldn't budge off the price. I checked online and saw that's about right for that.

No sham wow, no jerky, or stuff like that. It was $5 to get in. The vendors were chatty, and seemed pleasant. It was all positive for me.

(Lebanon County)

Was at the show around 2pm today. Definately a small show with not much at it. Half of the tables were not even filled and the ones that were didn't have much on them. Overheard one vendor saying he was not coming back for sunday.

Seen one AK47 that was missing a rivet in the front trunion going for $425. A used savage 99 magazine for $30. A vendor telling me that his Ak was super rare since it was chambered in .223 like an AR.

There was some decent prices on reloading powder at $20 a pound. As was said above there were a bunch of M1 Garands all for over $1k which ironically was about the only table with a big selection of guns.

If you want nazi stuff there is more than enough to go around. TWICE....

If your looking for odd or hard to find ammo there is a vendor there that might be able to help you out.

I personally wouldn't waste my gas or $5 to go but thats just my opinion.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

Thanks for the comments. Was thinking of making a run up there today, but for 50 tables or so.... I'll pass. Sounds like a good show for the locals. Seems like the Wind Gap show. Not sure I would travel 60 plus miles for that one, but, since its in my backyard, its worth the 10 minute trip. Thanks again for the posts!!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

(Carbon County)

Yea, this show really isn't anything impressive enough that I would travel any distance for. Unless you REALLY wanted an M1.

For me, it is almost in my back yard. So it was worth $5 to walk around. I have some odd calibers, such as 22 Jet Mag, and one guy had a few boxes, but at $80 each, that wasn't happening. I have been wanting to pick up a 10/22, and there was a nice assortment of them there. So I grabbed one. There were also some cheap used shotguns, and some very nice shotguns.

When they held this show there years past, the hall was packed with very full tables. So it was a bit disappointing to walk in and see so much empty space. Still, I hope they try and keep this one going again, and pick up a few more vendors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast