Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Duty gear

(Northampton County)

Default Duty gear

I took a look around, and didnt find anything here yet, so I thought I would ask.

I am getting into the profession of security police, and an in need of duty gear here in the Lehigh Valley, so what is out there in reference to places to go to get this kind of equipment? I will need the generalized gear like duty belt, holster, handcuffs pouch, things like that, so what stores are in the area of Allentown, Bethlehem area for getting this kind of stuff?

I dont want to buy online since I have never bought this kind of gear, so any help would be great.

Thanks
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Duty gear

Quote Originally Posted by bradjc72 View Post
    I took a look around, and didnt find anything here yet, so I thought I would ask.

I am getting into the profession of security police, and an in need of duty gear here in the Lehigh Valley, so what is out there in reference to places to go to get this kind of equipment? I will need the generalized gear like duty belt, holster, handcuffs pouch, things like that, so what stores are in the area of Allentown, Bethlehem area for getting this kind of stuff?

I dont want to buy online since I have never bought this kind of gear, so any help would be great.

Thanks
    Check out M&P they have a shop on Emmaus Ave in Allentown and one in Easton -- They carry almost all FD/EMS/PD gear and accessories, if they don't have an item in stock, they can order it for you. (there holster selection is slim though, but they can order whatever holster you need).

They carry everything else on a duty holster there, plus handcuffs and batons too.

http://www.mpuniform.com/

MP Uniform & Supply Co., Inc.
    2733 West Emmaus Ave.
    Allentown, PA 18103

2109 Freemansburg Ave.
    Easton, PA 18042

Phone: (610) 797-6900

AG

(Northampton County)

If you are still looking, you can also go to Patriot Workwear. The name is kinda ambiguous, but like MP, they specialize in Police/Fire/EMS equipment and cloths.

They are a bit of a drive, but they are very friendly/helpful and have great customer service.

(Northampton County)

Ok, so I have taken it a bit further, and now I have also become appointed as a PA state Constable, so I really am going to be in need of a good duty rig and accessories, and now I would appreciate input from the rest of you LEO's, other constables, security guys, whomever has bee wearing duty gear for work as to what you have liked, what doesn't work, is nylon the way to go or basketweave or whatever.

I need some good ideas so I start looking at the right equipment and I understand that alot of this has to do with my like and what fits me, but this is a very generic question to at least get the ball rolling for me.

Thanks everyone.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Lehigh County)

My opinion is to make the drive to Patriot. I've been purchasing nearly all my gear, on duty and off duty, since they open and i've never had a bad experience. I prefer nylon to leather for the weight difference and the durability. My current setup is nearly all Blackhawk 5 layer cordura nylon, with the exception of the holster (safariland - dept issued). It's more expensive than some of the other makers but i can.say that i've never encountered an issue with this rig in the 6+ years that i've had it. Everyone has their preferences, this is a report of may experience with that particular setup.
    «D.C.» LEO * Expert Pistol * Be Aware of Your Surroundings!