Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: The wait begins

(Northampton County)

Default The wait begins

Just dropped off my ltcf application at Northampton County. Glad they are now charging the correct amount now. Still have the extra, unnecessary proof of residency requirement though. Otherwise no hassel. No words like Concealed or Permit on any signage but my receipt says "weapon concealed firearms fee". Lol
    Guess they are close to getting things right but three steps away if you ask me.
    Proof of residency, the concealed reciept, and calling emloyers. You got forty five days NorCo. Hurry up please. What is wrong with just calling PICS quick? I shoulda bought a house in Berks instead.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: The wait begins

Sounds good. Hopefully it comes quick! I'm sure you have a good holster and belt on the way, right?
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; January 18th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    Just dropped off my ltcf application at Northampton County. Glad they are now charging the correct amount now. Still have the extra, unnecessary proof of residency requirement though. Otherwise no hassel. No words like Concealed or Permit on any signage but my receipt says "weapon concealed firearms fee". Lol
    Guess they are close to getting things right but three steps away if you ask me.
    Proof of residency, the concealed reciept, and calling emloyers. You got forty five days NorCo. Hurry up please. What is wrong with just calling PICS quick? I shoulda bought a house in Berks instead.
    They are breaking the law if they tell the employer that you are applying for a LTCF or whatever they call it

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Sounds good. Hopefully it comes quick! I'm sure you a good holster and belt on the way, right?
    Hopefully ordering a FIST #9 with matching mag holster for my semi custom CZ 75 soon and a Beltman bullhide in 2 1/2 with some embossing. Both in a med brown.

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    They are breaking the law if they tell the employer that you are applying for a LTCF or whatever they call it
    Yup, I know. They were in the news about it last year. They apparently just ask now if you are currently employed there and thats it. I personally could care less because one of my references is my boss. But for the average Joe it could have serious implications were their employers become privy to their application. Either way, why do they need to know your employment anyways. Should not be an issue. What if you have no job? No LTCF then?

...why do they need to know your employment anyways. Should not be an issue. What if you have no job? No LTCF then?
    Maybe they're trying to weed out the dummies who would put down for their answer: "DRUG DEALER"

(Allegheny County)

Hopefully ordering a FIST #9 with matching mag holster for my semi custom CZ 75 soon and a Beltman bullhide in 2 1/2 with some embossing. Both in a med brown.

Yup, I know. They were in the news about it last year. They apparently just ask now if you are currently employed there and thats it. I personally could care less because one of my references is my boss. But for the average Joe it could have serious implications were their employers become privy to their application. Either way, why do they need to know your employment anyways. Should not be an issue. What if you have no job? No LTCF then?
    I got mine when I was unemployed and that is what I wrote. I have heard of others leaving it blank or writing N/A.