Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default new gun time :-) recommendations while I wait

I ordered a Kahr CM-9 9mm tonight to replace my LCP as my "deep cover" carry piece.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything I should order now so they get here around the same time.

extra mags- where can I get them the cheapest (factory mags only please). I have also heard and read that the best mags for this gun are the 6 round flush fitting mags as the 7 and 8 rounders have been problematic in some cases. Any personal experience with these?

ammo- I have over 1,000 rounds of 9mm laying around and reloaded so not too worried about that

night sights or laser - which would you recommend? I have metro NS on my G23 and love them. I already checked and I can get the same set for the CM9. However, should I skip these and get a crimson trace for it? I know that lots of people rave about the importance of a laser on these small guns, but I have never used one.

holsters- I have an uncle mike's pocket holster #2 that I used for the LCP. Will this work for the CM9 (with and without the laser, potentially)? I think I am going to try the old faithful holster kits out on this gun also as I really don't want to wait for 10 weeks for the crossbreed. Plus, the kits that are pre molded and you just put together are less than half of the price of a crossbreed.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome... Help me pass the time

Note: I do not want this to turn into an LCP v. CM9 debate or 9mm v. .380 debate. PLEASE do not leave replies intended to do just that. My decision is made and the gun is on its way.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: new gun time :-) recommendations while I wait

I know nothing about this little heater you speak of, i do know the crimson trace is nice... a buddy of mine recently acquired a kimber solo awesome little bugger and he got a CT installed seems real nice, I also just received my old faithful the other day i didnt even break it in yet and i love it already!!

(Cumberland County)

Thanks m2. It didnt take much to convince me. I found one online for a great price new so it is on the way. Cant wait to try it.

Now just debating the magazine issue
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(Adams County)

I always find that mags are cheaper at Buds. Maybe worth a look for ya!

(Cumberland County)

I also got a Kahr CM9 to replace my LCP....I have a glock 19, so I wanted another 9mm to save on ammo. As for mags, I ordered a 7 round mag and has some issues with it. To be honest the Kahr mags seem cheaply made. I have put about 250 rounds thru mine and had a few hiccups with the 7 round mag and only one with the standard 6 rounder. The gun is ultra tight, so ive read on some threads about breaking it in. I racked that slide over 500 times before i shot it. I also cleaned and lubed it as it was pretty dirty. I can now sling shot a round into the chamber, its virtually impossible to do it and they say to chamber a round using the slide stop lever. As for holsters, I have a Desantis pocket holster, and I have a crossbreed mini-tuck for IWB carry. Tryst me it didnt take 10 weeks to get mine. Mine arrived in less than a month. It is a great gun to conceal and is pretty snappy to shoot, but no real difference than the LCP. I traded my LCP in at the Lebanon gun show this weekend for a Springfield 1911 Champion.

(Allegheny County)

OP, After I bought my Kahr (p380), I found joining www.kahrtalk.com was extremely beneficial when problems arose, Had I done this before my purchase I would have saved myself alot of grief. Start sniffing around over there, there's lots of good people with good advice. Heres a good page to keep amongst your favorites: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1612

Hopefully you'll never need to use some of the fix's posted,but it seems alot of people do. I had to do the magazine follower modification and it really smoothed out one of the problems I was having. Hope everything goes well with yours!
    Last edited by K.C.; January 16th, 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582