Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happiness Is A

(Jefferson County)

Default Happiness Is A

....fresh new box of ammo.

Its been quite a few years since I was able to sit and load up some ammo. My reloading station was buried in a room that I was remodeling in the last house. Now its sitting comfortably in my office at the new house.

This the first 100rd at the new house, .45Colt 250gr Hunters Supply LFN on top of 13grs of BlueDot and CCI 350 mag primer. I didn't realize how much I had shot the .45Colts since I last reloaded - still have (2) freezer ziplock bags of brass to run through the tumbler yet. Before I do that, I think I'm gonna load up some .44spl and .44mags.

I did discover that my Lee Pro 1000 is not longer operational(good thing my RCBS Jr never fails me). Funny thing is though, the priming system now works when it didn't before - but it's rotation is hosed(I think something is bent). I might retrieve my turret press from the farm and replace the Lee progressive. I cant find a progressive that will load my up-to 4" long 45-120's for a reasonable price.

RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Happiness Is A

Check the small white plastic ratchet gear in the pro 1000. The twisted steed rod goes thorough the center of it. You are going to have to take apart the whole shell carrier to inspect it properly. If its junk you can buy a 3 pack of them for 2 bucks or so online via Lee or MidwayUSA. If you need one sooner drop me a line. I have a couple and can spare 1 to get you up and running.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Check the small white plastic ratchet gear in the pro 1000. The twisted steed rod goes thorough the center of it. You are going to have to take apart the whole shell carrier to inspect it properly. If its junk you can buy a 3 pack of them for 2 bucks or so online via Lee or MidwayUSA. If you need one sooner drop me a line. I have a couple and can spare 1 to get you up and running.
    Thank you for the offer.. ...I think I'm just gonna trash it though, maybe at most use it to prime .44spl/mag and .45colt. It's been a pain in my butt since I bought it years ago. I had it working smoothly for awhile, but I'm about done with it now. I'll stick with turrets and singles. Since I manually measure my loads anyways, a progressive is just a pain to deal with.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Bucks County)

That's weird, I thought happiness was unloading all that ammo.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Thank you for the offer.. ...I think I'm just gonna trash it though, maybe at most use it to prime .44spl/mag and .45colt. It's been a pain in my butt since I bought it years ago. I had it working smoothly for awhile, but I'm about done with it now. I'll stick with turrets and singles. Since I manually measure my loads anyways, a progressive is just a pain to deal with.
    PM inbound about the press.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    That's weird, I thought happiness was unloading all that ammo.
    Not for me. They are like my little babies, I dont want them to leave home. lol

I've shot so much ammo over the course of my life that the thrill has since left about 20 some odd years ago. I only go out to shoot maybe 1 or 2 times a year out of boredom or for some family get-together where guns are the theme of the party.

The last time I did some major reloading(except for a few specialty rounds here and there) was probably 7-8 years ago. Over that time I only went through a couple hundred .45Colt, 60-70 .44mag, 50-60 9mm, maybe 300 .22rf, less than 200 .223/5.56, some 12ga shells, and a box of .38spl.

I'm more of a collector these days. I've got guns I've never shot that I bought years ago. Not because they have value, just because I just feel like shooting them.

(Bucks County)

I've shot so much ammo over the course of my life that the thrill has since left about 20 some odd years ago. I only go out to shoot maybe 1 or 2 times a year out of boredom or for some family get-together where guns are the theme of the party.

The last time I did some major reloading(except for a few specialty rounds here and there) was probably 7-8 years ago. Over that time I only went through a couple hundred .45Colt, 60-70 .44mag, 50-60 9mm, maybe 300 .22rf, less than 200 .223/5.56, some 12ga shells, and a box of .38spl.

I'm more of a collector these days. I've got guns I've never shot that I bought years ago. Not because they have value, just because I just feel like shooting them.
    I hear ya. I've only been shooting seriously for a little over 3 years now, but already I find myself hesitant to go to the range at times. It is a little bit of a hassle to get everything together and load all the crap in the car. The only thing I really look forward to anymore is the practical rifle matches which are a lot of fun. I think my problem is the lack of a MG. Once I get my first FA, I think the passion will come back.

(Cambria County)

Boy , does that sound familiar . It seems all I do is collect more and more and shoot less and less .
    DAN

(Jefferson County)

Loaded up some groundhog/elephant/tyrannosaurus/city bus ammo today.

Loads on the left: 300gr JHP @ 2800fps

Loads on the right: 300gr JHP @ 2600fps

Size reference items: pack of smokes, .45-120 Sharps Express, .45ACP Federal Hydrashok, Bic lighter.

(Clarion County)

Knight, curiosity has me, what was the load on those rockets?
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast