Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my LTCF

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Many southern states are more difficult than Pa. Pa. has had a permit to carry system in place for a number of years and no training requirement was ever legislated. On the other hand, many southern states have not had their system of permits in place as long. As such, the legislature, in taking up the issue, had to make compromises like training requirements before such legislation could pass the state congresses.
    My first ltcf was issued in Philly about 12 years ago and it took a week to get my approval letter. I let it expire and did not get a new one untill February of last year. It took almost 40 days to get my approval this time, in Delaware county.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Got my LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by smitty56 View Post
    My Delco application was on March 13th and I have not yet heard back. I figure it's coming sooner or later.
    My wife and I applied on the same day back on the 12th or 13th at DELCO. At the seven week mark, my wife got her letter in the mail but not me. So I waited for the last two weeks for mine to come "any day now".
    Nothing.
    I attempted to call in to see what the issue with mine was but the employee said they would not research issues on the phone, that you had to come in.
    Since my wife's letter gave an expiration time for coming in, we went in yesterday at the 9 week mark. I explained that wife's letter came but not mine. She pulled my folder and said "Well, we sent your letter at the same time and are not responsible for errors at the post office".
    She then handed us both our LCTFs and warned me not to wait for the post office to send me a renewal in 5 years either. (or if they would even be sending them out in the future?)
    So I finally joined the ranks of you with the LCTF.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123