Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default my new baby I bought today

Thanks to everyone who gave their information regarding 1911's. I finally got myself one today at the Lebanon Gun Show. It's a Springfield 1911 A1 Champion in OD green. I traded in my Ruger LCP with CT laser and sum holsters and they gave me $250 off the Springfield. So i got it for a little over $600. It came with 2 mags and I bought a Chip McCormick 8 rd. mag. It is so damn sexy and feels great in the hand. I can't wait to shoot it. Thanks all.
    Last edited by pokerguy005; May 10th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: my new baby I bought today

Very nice - congrats ! How was the show - I kept debating, I was told it hasn't been too good lately? Anywhoo, congrats on new addition

(Cumberland County)

I thought it was pretty good...it was packed....10 times better than Carlisle. There were a lot of 1911's to choose from. Thats what I was there for, but they had a lot of knives, rifles, pistols. It was very crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    It was very crowded.
    I've seen them (shows) down here in Fort Myers where it looked like sheep jam packed in a pen. "If you bring guns, we will come". Hope the new gun does well for you. I am a converted, 1911 junkie, and I am learning everything I can about them.
    Last edited by harold63; January 14th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added (shows)
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Congrats Poke,

I have an older Champion and It's a nice gun, I haven't shot it much, but the few times I did, it was problem free, Hopefully they changed the design by now, But to disassemble mine, It requires you to pull out the Slide Stop link pin, (So far, so good) but then You don't turn the barrel bushing as in a standard 1911, You have to pull the whole slide assy off and then remove the Recoil Spring, Barrel etc...I'm old school and like the classic 1911 disassembly better.

It can be a bit of a PITA to resemble as it requires some careful manipulation to assure your recoil spring dosen't go sailing for the netherlands, but as with anything, once you get use to it, it's not too bad, Still, if Springfield wanted to go this route, they should have used a captured recoil guide, similar too a Glock IMO.

Enjoy it.
    TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Cumberland County)

Yeah I am checking out some vids on youtube about disassembly and reassembly. It seems pretty straightforward. We shall see, I want to clean it and lube it up before I take it out.

(Montgomery County)

Nice new member of the family! Congrats!

There's not many things as fun as those days when a gun lover brings home a new toy. Except maybe the first time you put some lead down range with her!

(Cumberland County)

Thanks....im itching to go out and shoot now. Its funny when i bought my first gun, a Glock-19, then my next a Ruger LCP, then a S&W M&p15, then a Kahr CM9, i thought I was done....I never really even gave 1911's a thought....but i started watching vids and people would rave about them...net thing I know I am at the gun show buying one. They really are a piece of art and a wonder of engineering...I am happy, just hope it is a good shooter.

(Montgomery County)

Yep. When I feel like my collection is set, Im still going to be adding 1911s.

I really need a shotgun and an AR-15, then it's new 1911 time. Let us know how she shoots.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Beautiful gun! I have shot many different 1911s, owned 5, and never purchased one that wasn't a Springfield. I do not believe you could have made a better choice in what you purchased. My dick twitched a little when I opened the picture.

Anyways,

Did you happen to get a box? If so - look for springfield's lifetime warranty card. If it's there, great - if not, send me a PM.

I think I got $250 on a trade in for my CT LCP setup as well - were both dumbasses, just so you know. :- D

I hope you enjoy it brother, I'm crazy jealous is that all black or the OD frame?
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast