Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo LTCF

(Lycoming County)

Default Photo LTCF

So a few of my friends recently got their LTCF's and they have actual cards now with photos. Damn...

I had to renew mine early last year and I guess Lusk got the grant to go to the photo cards, which I prefer over the piece of paper.

You think if I go in and ask for a card LTCF they would make me go through the process again and pay again? Won't hurt to ask, but I don't think this piece of paper will survive another 4 years in my wallet, lol.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Photo LTCF

I never heard of one w/o a picture. Are you sure you have a ltcf?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Although you never hear about it, there is, or at least was before the new uniformity thing took affect early last year, always a choice between a photo or non photo LTCF. In fact a couple years ago the DELCO Sheriff sent out a notice informing people to come in and get a refund if they want to change to the less costly non photo LTCF.

Right on the LTCF application for DELCO it says no photo required. http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/gunpermitpage1.pdf

Last edited by soberbyker; January 13th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Yes.. it is a LTCF... a piece of paper with all the same info and is stamped with the sheriffs office raised seal, hic is now flat because it's been in my wallet. Not all counties have the photo equipment for card ltcf's but I think they are suppose too by a certain date. Lycoming county got the money to do it a few months after the current Sheriff was elected.
    Last edited by clarion44; January 13th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Bucks County)

Like you said, it can't hurt to ask.

I know what you mean about the piece of paper lasting in your wallet. Before my county went with the hard plastic card my ltcf looked like it went through the washing machine a few times. Had to fold it twice to fit nicely into my wallet, so laminating it was out of the question. Glad they made the change.

(Lycoming County)

Damn, now I'm going to have to do my hair before I renew.

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    So a few of my friends recently got their LTCF's and they have actual cards now with photos. Damn...

I had to renew mine early last year and I guess Lusk got the grant to go to the photo cards, which I prefer over the piece of paper.

You think if I go in and ask for a card LTCF they would make me go through the process again and pay again? Won't hurt to ask, but I don't think this piece of paper will survive another 4 years in my wallet, lol.
    If you're worried about the paper one lasting, and it is the old, larger size 3 inches by 5 3/8 inches...

" (c) The form (LTCF) is designed to be folded in half and may be laminated.

Above is from the PA Code describing the LTCF form.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post

If you follow up on that let us know.. I would love to get that friggin' piece of paper replaced with a photo card instead of waiting a few years for my renewal.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by 45=id View Post
    If you follow up on that let us know.. I would love to get that friggin' piece of paper replaced with a photo card instead of waiting a few years for my renewal.
    Well I stopped in to drop off paperwork and also asked about updating to a photo style card. The woman that assisted me just said they are advising people to wait until its closer time to renew *scratches head*. So I then asked, if I did another application and paid, could I get a new style. Well she didn't give a clear answer, just kind of avoided the question. She then said just to ask about it when I came back to pick up my paperwork.... I thought to myself, I'm asking you right now...

Maybe I'll just tell them information changed and I want a new one, lol.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Bucks County)

I hate my picture. They didn't tell us where to look...so we both looked up at this old fashioned camera thing hanging from the window. But the actual camera was a small webcam at the base of the window. So we're both looking up in our pictures, and the guy didn't even correct it or care. Ew.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast