Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Carbon County)

Default all the years living here and i never.....

seen a single person OC. anyone see many people OC around the area?

Default Re: all the years living here and i never.....

I've only ever seen two people here where I live OCing. Other than that just people from here on PAFOA I met at a meet and greet last fall.

(Delaware County)

Outside of meet n greets here in the DELCO/Philly area, none. Although popular among those on this website, OC is not all that common in the state as a whole, we are but a small sliver of gun owners in the commonwealth.

(Bucks County)

Other than police officers, I haven't seen any...if I do, I'll probably say hi and ask if they are on this forum. haha.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Carbon County)

you see so many people on the OC threads talking about it, i am just surprised i never seen any, unless people just talk alot of shit and never OC themselves. i myself dont. i have been carrying many years and i always look for that stuff...never once have i seen anyone.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    you see so many people on the OC threads talking about it, i am just surprised i never seen any, unless people just talk alot of shit and never OC themselves. i myself dont. i have been carrying many years and i always look for that stuff...never once have i seen anyone.
    Like I said in my first post, we here on this site are only a small sliver of the population of PA gun owners, not to mention the population of the state as a whole. I have no doubt the hundred or so people who claim to OC here on this site actually do OC. But seeing one would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

The United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of Pennsylvania was 12,742,886 on July 1, 2011

A thread here on PAFOA from 2008 estimated that 46% of PA's voting population were gun owners. That would be about 5 million, so I don't find it hard to believe you'd have a hard time seeing one in your daily travels.

Twice ever. Once by the Grist Mill near my house there was a guy with his GF/SO was OC with what looked like a Glock (I know, such a stereotype) as I was driving by.

The other time I was getting Fuel in the work truck at the gas station at the top of the hill, Rte63 just outside Green Lane. Might be US Gas, I forget. Guy had a revolver of sorts.

It was kinda funny, I got all gitty like a little girl. Ooh, ooh look, hes OC.

I wish I saw it more. Was this any of you?
    and to the dust you shall return

I OC almost everywhere. As for seeing others OC, I have run into a few here in my area, and a couple of others at Cabela's. In Monroe County, I have seen several people I have never met before OC at Perkins in Pocono Summit. According to my father, they are regulars there (so is he). I have also seen other people OC at the SGL on 423. As has already been mentioned, the large number of OC people here does not translate into a large number in the general population.

What makes you think people talk a lot of shit an don't really OC? OK I'll play,lets look at it like this:
    A handgun can be pretty small, and some in holsters might be mistaken for cell phones. And the strong side might be away from you so that in itself is at least 50% chance it wont't be seen. Plus do YOU personnally run around and constantly search out every single person for signs of firearms? No? So probably unless the person is rolling in an old west drop leg rig in tooled leather and silver cobochons with a nickle plated Colt .45 and silver plated bullets in the loops,walking up the center of the street at high noon wearing a white ten gallon hat, and goatskin chaps, it most likely never gets a second glance.
    I carry a 1911 in a brown leather triple K field holster with a spare mag on the side of the holster. I have only had 10 or so people actually notice and mention it in the 3 years I have been open carrying in Delco, and thats a pretty liberal and populated area. 1 was a Chester Police officer who just said "Nice Pistol". I also have had 8 police officers standing around me after shooting a rabid fox that attacked my dog and nobody said squat about the firearm. I have only had one woman make a negative remark when she saw me while walking the dog and she said "Carrying a gun like that is illegal" I sad "No it isn't, but not cleaning up your dogs shit sure is"
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 13th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Carbon County)

im glad i got to rattle your cage, theres always someone on the defensive. and yes, i always look to see if someone is carrying. its just the way i am, on the alert at all times. i think i know the difference between a cell phone and a gun. and to educate you, i lived in delco for many many years, probably longer than your alive and have never seen anyone down there either. dont know what your problem is that you always have to defend yourself for OC. i am not against it, but for some reason MOST of you OC people think we are. maybe you should CC, it seems like you have a complex.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast