Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: all the years living here and i never.....

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    LOL... that's sig-worthy right there!
    lol...i just noticed that.

(Delaware County)

I have seen two people who were oc. One was in a Wawa on Landsdowne ave about 6 months ago and one was in South Philly a few years ago. I have also seen many people who were carrying a gun who were not completly oc but were not trying too hard to cc. My brother and I sometimes carry oc. I would be oc almost all the time but my usual style of dress keeps my gun covered.

(The fellow I saw oc in Philly was not Mark).
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Franklin County)

I saw my first OCer over 15 years ago in a KY mall. I don't think I've seen one "in the wild" here in PA, but I've been spotted by others.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

I saw one guy in my years here, he was covered in tats and looked very unfriendly, this was in the Brodheadsville Burger King. A couple of months later he was all over the news for killing his girl friend and thier little baby. His name is Mike Parrish if I remember correctly. All and all not a good poster boy for open carry.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Old Shooter View Post
    I saw one guy in my years here, he was covered in tats and looked very unfriendly, this was in the Brodheadsville Burger King. A couple of months later he was all over the news for killing his girl friend and thier little baby. His name is Mike Parrish if I remember correctly. All and all not a good poster boy for open carry.
    Hey, I'm covered in tattoos and have been O.C a lot lately. I hate the common stereotype or social stigma surrounding this.

Does a guy covered in tattoos make any difference vs a man with no tattoos when open carrying? Is there such a "poster boy" for this. Majority of the public is going to ask questions or think otherwise regardless. Maybe if i wore my old army fatigues from three years ago when I was in the army, would that make a difference? Maybe i would be excluded from this stereotype. "Ohhh he served this country, he wont harm anyone"..

If i had full long sleeves on and pants, you would never know I had tattoos. Does this mean i should pose no threat now because tattoos aren't visible? And now I look like an everyday Joe..

This is like saying, a black man walks into a store with a hooded sweatshirt on in the middle of the night. What does everyone automatically assume? Yup... Were about to get robbed or something is going down. It's a stereotype. Now i'm not defending this man you mentioned above, nor am i trying defend him in anyway.. But..tattoos aren't a tell tale sign that someone is up to no good or has bad intentions.. We really need to get out of this state of mind.

As for open carrying in Monroe County. I carried with my friend down near Tannersville in turkey hill, about two weeks ago now. We were on our way to the shooting range up in Tobyhanna.
    You should have saw the looks inside that place and in the parking lot. Although I tend to believe that is due to the majority of out of state folks, and the lack of knowledge on Pa gun laws.

Up here in Pike county, especially outside of the Milford area that is frequently visited by out of state folks. Nobody even notices nor ask questions most times. Hell what is it of their business anyways?
    Last edited by NepaJames86; January 31st, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NepaJames86 View Post
    Hey, I'm covered in tattoos and have been O.C a lot lately. I hate the common stereotype or social stigma surrounding this. ..............
    snip.............................................. ................

Up here in Pike county, especially outside of the Milford area that is frequently visited by out of state folks. Nobody even notices nor ask questions most times. Hell what is it of their business anyways?
    I don't think oldshooter was saying the guy looked unfriendly because of his tats, I think he meant the guy looked unfriendly and happened to be tatted up.
    I agree people should be judged by their character and not appearence but that is not how the majority sees it.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I don't think oldshooter was saying the guy looked unfriendly because of his tats, I think he meant the guy looked unfriendly and happened to be tatted up.
    I agree people should be judged by their character and not appearence but that is not how the majority sees it.
    Well based off of the last comment in that post, that is how I took it. Taken out of context on my behalf? Could be. I just get hot over that issue.
    I'm not trying to challenge anyone by any means, so don't think that. I'm Just responding.

In reality, there will always be sterotypes, and everyone will always have an opinion. That is why I honestly don't give two shits normally of what anyone thinks, but I had to respond to it..

On a different note, what night and day that ltcf is to obtain in Monroe county, verse here in Pike. I just took a look at a friends ltcf application about a month back, he lives in Monroe County. It amazes me.. They are so relaxed here.
    Last edited by NepaJames86; January 31st, 2012 at 09:13 PM.

there is a pawn shop up in bushkill area, across from pocono palace.
    the guys<employees> in there carry.
    if they were CC it was very poor, at least part of their weapons were clearly visible, OWB holsters if i recall.
    most OC i've seen.

i OC/CC around my property.(don't carry, nothing within walking distance, ltcf processing)
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Wayne County)

Outside of gun shows and meet-n-greets, I've seen none and I travel all over eastern PA for work.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by kel ruger man View Post
    seen a single person OC. anyone see many people OC around the area?
    Personally,
    Never.

although I thought i may have the otherday but technically it would be concealed carry and the fella`s pant leg rode up and caught a peak, i think.

it was passing by in a resteraunt and literally a blink of the eye passing glance as he was sitting down. almost turned around to look again but felt that may be inappropriate.

my brother said it wasnt, but a knife. I cant say for absolute certain.
    that would of potentially been my first open carry experience.

i carry concealed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast