Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber Solo CDP

(Montgomery County)

Default Kimber Solo CDP

Picked up my Kimber Solo CDP yesterday. Here is how it stacks up along side of my two other two favorites, the Berretta Compact PX4 Storm and the S&W 637 stubby.

So far I have had zero ammunition issues with the Solo. I broke it in with 20 Federal Premiium 124 gran hydra-shock jhp. Since then I have put 100 Fiocchi 115 grain and 50 Federal range and target thru it. Once again no ammunition issues.

The only problem I've encountered so far is human caused. Because the Solo is so small my thumb naturally sits on top of the magazine release button which caused an occasional issue between shots. I'm in the process of working that one out over the next several weeks.

I already know that the Solo is going to replace my stubbie as my favorite closed carry. It holds seven shots vs five for the stubbie. It is thinner and much easier to conceal comfortably. The gun feels good and is very well balanced. It fits very well in an Uncle Mike's size three pocket holster and rides well and is quick to draw out of normal jacket or pants pocket.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Thumbs up to Kimber.

Last edited by littlebluevette; January 12th, 2012 at 01:36 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Kimber Solo CDP

Awesome looking gun. Buying one is definitely in my future. Do you mind if I ask where you got it and how much it ran you?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 19jake91 View Post
    Awesome looking gun. Buying one is definitely in my future. Do you mind if I ask where you got it and how much it ran you?
    I was on a waiting list since last May. I couldn't stand it any longer and went on gunbroker.com. I passed on the first three I was bidding on and got this one for $1226 which was two dollars over list price. I could hardly believe it I saw one that sold for over $1,700.

(Lancaster County)

Its a nice looking gun. I would like to have one but I won't pay these prices. I'll wait till they come down and they iron out all of the little issues.

(Cumberland County)

Damn I didnt know they cost that much....you could have bought 3 Ruger LC9's or 2 Kahr PM 9's. The only negative I have heard about that gun (other than price) is that I believe it has an ambidextrous mag release and people were inadvertantly hitting it and causing feed problems. I am getting a full size Kimber this weekend for way below that price. Nice gun though.

(Lehigh County)

They are nice little pistols, I held one a while back at my LGS. They were selling them for around $900 (this was about 3 months ago).

AG

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerguy005 View Post
    Damn I didnt know they cost that much.... I am getting a full size Kimber this weekend for way below that price. Nice gun though.
    The Solo Carry and Stainless list for $799. The Solo CDP lists for $1266 with the difference being laser grips and the tritium night sights. I put another hundred rounds thru it this morning and am really liking this gun.

Good luck with your Kimber.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/uploads...ry/solocdp.pdf

(Cumberland County)

Thanks man, i am really excited as I have never owned a 1911. As long as you limke your gun and it functions how you want it, who cares how much it costs. Im guessing it is easy to conceal...I have a Kahr CM9 for my carry gun....with a crossbreed mini tuck it is lost in my clothes...very comfortable. What do you use to carry it in?

(Montgomery County)

Right now I have it in an Uncle Mikes Pocket Holster size 3. It conceals very well, is comfortable and easy to extract quickly. I also bought a IWB holster but it is not comfortable when sitting or driving so I think I am going to stick with the pocket holster for the Solo.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebluevette View Post
    The Solo Carry and Stainless list for $799. The Solo CDP lists for $1266 with the difference being laser grips and the tritium night sights. I put another hundred rounds thru it this morning and am really liking this gun.

Good luck with your Kimber.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/uploads...ry/solocdp.pdf
    Another difference is the front and backstrap checkering. That's all that is keeping me from slapping a laser on the stainless version and calling it a day. The one I held at French Creek (non-CDP version) was incredibly slippery. Any word of them "CDPing" the stainless version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast