Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Ever buy a pistol on Gunbroker?

I have looked at Gunbroker quite a few times but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with purchasing a pistol through them. I am looking at a new pistol but they only show a stock picture of it. Is it worth working through them?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Ever buy a pistol on Gunbroker?

It's worth it if you absolutely can't find it anywhere local. Watch the pricing. By the time you pay for shipping and transfer you could wind up paying more than you could locally. Now I've bought 1 new and 1 used off GB and haven't had and issue. Like anything else be careful of sellers rep. Sometimes your better off to pay a bit more and make a new friend at a gun shop then your first experience with them is hay I bought the same you you sell over the net.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Monroe County)

I purchased a handgun from a seller on gunbroker in the past. It was an incredible deal as the dealer was buying mass quantities from his supplier or even the manufacturer, which allowed him to sell new in box for over $100 less than what any local gun shop could offer. That being said, after paying for shipping and the transfer fee, I only saved about $40 dollars, had to wait several days for the gun to be shipped and arrive at the FFL I was picking it up at.

40 bucks is 40 bucks, thats a couple boxes of ammo, extra magazine or two, part way to a nice holster, cleaning supplies, etc.

If I had to do it again, for 40$, I likely would just purchase at a local gun shop and support local business. However, if after all was said and done, if I was walking away with saving $100 +/- then since I'm not supremely wealthy, I might consider going ahead with the online purchase. Of course, the upside to purchasing local, is you can walk out as soon as pics clears and you pay for the firearm.

With all that being considered, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase online if the deal was worth the trouble/expenses/savings. Make sure the seller has a good reputation and feel free to contact the dealer to ask any critical questions before you make a bid.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Allegheny County)

Have bought several myself. If the seller is reputable and the price (plus shipping & transfer like DucatiRon said) is good, it's pretty easy. Buy and pay for the item and have your receiving FFL email his license to the seller. The seller ships the gun to your dealer, you go fill out the paperwork, pay for his services and take you new gun home. No big deal as long as you're okay with not seeing the firearm in person first (not usually an issue for new production guns from a good seller).

I have bought a good number of firearms to include pistols off of gun broker. I have had nothing but good experiences, but I do look into who the seller is. I bought my USP Tactical for less than $850 dollars brand new back in 2006.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Cumberland County)

I have purchased many guns on gun broker, Gunsamerica, auction arms etc and have never had a problem. Check out their feedback and how many sales they've completed. I usually buy new from my local gunshop and buy those great find used guns online unless someone has an incredible deal on new. Good luck!

(York County)

Always look at the sellers feedback before buying. TT
    Ghostery

(Delaware County)

I've had good luck, but I always check feedback on the seller. I have never bought from a first time seller. Everything I bought was used and the description was accurate.

(Bucks County)

I have bought a few from Gunbroker. A couple were from a LGS (surplus city) that is near me so i didnt have to pay FFL fees at first. Now for in store pick ups they charge 15 bucks. They were as advertised. A few were hardly used with no visible wear.
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Philadelphia County)

I picked up a number of great deals on GunBroker and Auction Arms. Another plus, no Sales Tax! However as previously stated, Shipping and local FFL fee must be figured in the sale.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol & Shotgun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast