Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Pa instant check system

Quote Originally Posted by jackandstacey View Post
    I get what you're saying. If I thought I was prohibited I wouldn't have put my LTCF application in. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get arrested if I attempt to buy a gun and the PSP say I'm prohibited.

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/1062...g-firearm.html
    so dont lie

(Delaware County)

I get what you're saying. If I thought I was prohibited I wouldn't have put my LTCF application in. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get arrested if I attempt to buy a gun and the PSP say I'm prohibited.

http://forum.pafoa.org/news-123/1062...g-firearm.html

Did you lie, do you know that you are prohibited? The article you point to the guy knowingly lied and tried again after being denied.

(Delaware County)

Don't worry, no more drinking and driving for me. I lost my grandfather just after my 2nd DUI. He was drinking and went head on with a telephone pole. I ended up going to jail every weekend for a year. Anything more than 1 beer and I'm not driving. And no excuses here but my 2nd DUI I had a BAC of .06. Since I have a CDL anything over .04 is drunk.

Back to the subject at hand. the hole mental thing is where I don't want to fuck up. I remember signing myself in and my Mom says I signed in but this is something that happened 16 years ago.

(Chester County)

Don't worry, no more drinking and driving for me. I lost my grandfather just after my 2nd DUI. He was drinking and went head on with a telephone pole. I ended up going to jail every weekend for a year. Anything more than 1 beer and I'm not driving. And no excuses here but my 2nd DUI I had a BAC of .06. Since I have a CDL anything over .04 is drunk.

Back to the subject at hand. the hole mental thing is where I don't want to fuck up. I remember signing myself in and my Mom says I signed in but this is something that happened 16 years ago.
    Everybody else is correct about 3 DUI's being the no-no line. The involuntary commitment clause means by court order or under the recommendation of a doctor, they're trying to politely say "no sociopaths or schizophrenics".

By chance when this happened 16 years ago were you a minor? That may be keeping you from finding records if they've been sealed. Also if you went voluntarily then it's probably in your medical history and may be confidential.

If you get the LTCF then it's safe to assume you can buy a pistol.

PS- That CDL .04 limit is a bullshit law. Just another way for them to extort money from a working man.

(Berks County)

Lots of folks have things in their backgrounds they're not aware of. The http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx you refer to is the "Penna Public Portal".

If you really want to know where you stand from a "record(s) of past behavior" standpoint, drop a couple bucks -when you have it - on a lawyer. He'll be able to pull a "real" background check for you, and there won't be any more guessing or worrying...at all.

That plus patience should see you through. Best of luck.
    USAF 77-79, SAC, DMAFB, 390 MIMS, Titan II Crew Chief

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    As far as I know (I'm not a lawyer) no, you can not get in trouble for trying to purchase a gun, you either get approved or denied, as long as you were truthful on the application. Also it is possible to be allowed to buy a gun but fail to get a LTCF as the criteria are slightly different.

By the way, a few weeks in DELCO is nothing to worry about for the LTCF. I just did a renewal and it took 32 days to get the approval. The first time it took 52.

32 to 52 days for a renewal?

Now that is a bunch of bullshit right there, do they wait for one day a month to run all the checks?
    Or is that their way of letting licenses expire.

My last two in Indiana Co. took me less than 15 mins. each time.
    Filled out form at counter, girl made call, left with new license.

Next time I write my state rep, I'm going to once again mention the way this is handled across the state.

As for the OP, I love how one DUI turns into two as a thread progresses.

If you were involuntarily committed, a judge or someone would have had you forced into the institution probably against your will and with you throwing a fit about it, you really would think you would remember that if it happened that way.

OP, if you intentionally lie, you are in for a shitstorm, if you are confused (as it seems you are) you can always plead ignorance and ask for leniency.

Doesn't the 4473 say something like "to the best of my knowledge" where you sign it? Maybe not, I can't recall since I never read it.

(Indiana County)

Indiana County renewal - five minutes or less. Spent more time in line waiting to hand in my application.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

As for the OP, I love how one DUI turns into two as a thread progresses.
    Never meant to mislead anyone. I only mentioned 1 in the original post because it was and ARD which I had expunged. Only the second B.S. DUI showed up when I did my criminal record search.

I called PSP in Harrisburg to see if they had been notified that I was involuntarily committed. The trooper's response was, "HUH?" I tried explaining the situation how they are notified and if I was I would be prohibited from owning or obtaining a LTCF. In the end the trooper was no help at all. I ended up going to the hospital today to sign a records release in hopes that my 16 year old file is somewhere in storage.

(Philadelphia County)

why dont you just sit back and wait for an approval or denial to come in tohe mail . There is nothing you can do now that you already turned in the app

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post

Now that is a bunch of bullshit right there, do they wait for one day a month to run all the checks?
    Or is that their way of letting licenses expire.

My last two in Indiana Co. took me less than 15 mins. each time.
    Filled out form at counter, girl made call, left with new license.

Next time I write my state rep, I'm going to once again mention the way this is handled across the state.

~snip~
    Yea, the uniform way the PA LTCF is (supposed to be) issued is great ain't it?

So for us in DELCO, compared to 5 years ago, the system has improved.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast