At Pitcaim Monroeville Sportsman’s Club

505 Mosside Blvd [Rt. 48], N. Versailles, PA 15137
    (25 min. West of Pittsburgh)

ITTS and the F.I.R.E. Institute Present a Special Training Opportunity
    Taught by
    Scott Reitz
    Of LAPD/Metro/SWAT, ITTS Head Instructor, and
    author of “The Art of Modern Gunfighting[/SIZE]”

This is a one day course designed for those who have had previous formal training with auto-loading rifles in intermediate caliber (sometimes called “patrol rifles” or “tactical carbine”). This course covers the basic skills, and then advances the challenges to the level of the students present, with an eye toward polishing gun handling while balancing speed and accuracy.

This course is open to civilians, law enforcement and military.

Subjects Covered:

- Review of the basics
    - Multiple target engagement at speed
    - Malfunction drills
    - Proper care and maintenance of the rifle
    - Varied distance shooting
    - Speed reloading
    -How to set up the rifle for maximum efficiency
    - Timed drills

Equipment: Cleaned and zeroed rifle, optics (suggested), sling, spare magazines, eye and ear protection, 300 rounds factory ammo

Prerequisites: ITTS Carbine Level I or equivalent from an ITTS recognized school (proof of completion required). “Basic Tactical Carbine” (Georgiades) and “Level I Carbine” (Cain) do satisfy this prerequisite.

Cost: $250 (plus $10 range fees payable to the host club for non-members).

Note: It the class is purchased in addition to “Intermediate Handgun” Oct. 6-7total cost is $595 for both. (Intermediate Handgun by itself is $495)

INSTRUCTOR: As a 30-year veteran of the L.A.P.D., Scott Reitz spent 26 years in the elite Metropolitan Division (SWAT, K-9, Mounted and High Risk deployment) with 10 years as an operator and instructor in S.W.A.T. For the latter portion of his career, he was the primary firearms/tactics instructor for the elite Metropolitan Division and responsible for all in-service training. During his career as a field officer with the Metropolitan Division, Scott was involved in 5 officer-involved shootings, all in policy with successful outcomes. Scott is an F.B.I. certified law enforcement instructor and has trained with SEAL Team 6, Delta and the F.B.I.’s HRT in counter-terrorist operations and participated in Recon Battalion anti-terrorist fleet training with the U.S. Marine Corp at Camp Pendleton. He also spent several years as an adjunct instructor for the Department of Energy’s SRT-III training in New Mexico. Scott is a use of deadly force expert witness in police defense cases for the Superior and Federal Courts and works as a lecturer and consultant on high profile cases for law firms, the District Attorney’s office and the U.S. Government. He is the head firearms instructor for International Tactical Training Seminars, Inc. (I.T.T.S.), a private firearms school in Los Angeles.

TO ENROLL: or for questions on qualifications or any other info
    Please contact ITTS at 310.471.2029 or email jordan@internationaltactical.com

These courses are sponsored by the F.I.R.E. Institute, a non-profit, tax exempt educational organization located in Pittsburgh, PA. The course is designed and presented by International Tactical Training Seminars, Inc., which is solely responsible for course content.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carbine Skills Seminar - by Scott Reitz/ITTS

This course is now one week away - Monday, October 8.

Scott Reitz was one of a few in a cadre of instructors who turned the LA Police Department SWAT team around about 15 years ago. He is highly accomplished with the .223 carbine, and has a wealth of operational experience in an urban setting. He is prepared to share that knoweldge and experience with those who have previous formal instruction with this rifle.

One day only.

It's getting late to enroll through the ITTS web site. If you want to "walk on," please contact me and I will help make the arrangements.

PeteG