Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philadelphia Crime Plan

http://www.nbc10.com/news/15175677/detail.html

Read report and then download the actual crime plan in PDF format in the link below. This data had an embargo until the press conference yesterday.

http://www.nbc10.com/download/2008/0130/15174000.pdf

I haven't read it all the way through yet but you can imagine what's inside. I'll be back with comments once I'm finished.

EDIT: More links.

Executive Summary.

http://www.phila.gov/pdfs/CrimePlanExecSummary.pdf

Full final plan.

http://www.phila.gov/pdfs/CrimePlanFinalv2.pdf
    Last edited by Gorgon; January 31st, 2008 at 09:53 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Crime Plan

Here is solution to Philly problem that no one wants to hear, let alone do anything to solve the problem.

ONE READER'S VIEW
    Letters | Put the blame where it lies: The killers
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opini...ders_View.html

We have to stop pointing the finger everywhere but at the very people who prey on us each day. Over time we have allowed our value system to erode. We refuse to hold people accountable for their actions and constantly make excuses for their inexcusable behavior. The incessant cry for tougher gun laws is a good example. Until we're ready to strictly enforce the current laws there is no reason for tougher ones.

Yes, there is a need to work on the social ills at the core of much of the unrest, but that does not mean we should accept those ills as a reason to excuse the behavior. Those engaged in this violent lifestyle know exactly what they're doing. They also know it is wrong. And they also know there are no serious consequences for their actions. It's not a matter of not knowing right from wrong, it's a matter of weighing the risk. And today they face very little risk.

Time after time these budding killers are arrested with guns, only to be returned to the streets with a slap on the wrist. Is it any wonder we have trouble getting witnesses to speak up? Instead of holding vigils at murder scenes, groups like Men United for a Better Philadelphia and Mothers in Charge should throw a ring around the Criminal In-Justice Center and demand that our judges hold the criminals accountable.

More than 80 percent of Philadelphia's cold-blooded killers have criminal records. Most of those records are lengthy, many for violent crimes. Every one of those arrests represents an opportunity to send a clear message, before they take another life.

Joseph Fox
    Chief of Detectives
    Philadelphia Police Department
    Philadelphia

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...s-problem.html

(Berks County)

I can explain the crime plan very readily, place the blame everywhere but where it belongs. You see if we put the blame where it lies we may not look so good so....[/philly plan]
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    Here is solution to Philly problem that no one wants to hear, let alone do anything to solve the problem.

ONE READER'S VIEW
    Letters | Put the blame where it lies: The killers
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opini...ders_View.html

We have to stop pointing the finger everywhere but at the very people who prey on us each day. Over time we have allowed our value system to erode. We refuse to hold people accountable for their actions and constantly make excuses for their inexcusable behavior. The incessant cry for tougher gun laws is a good example. Until we're ready to strictly enforce the current laws there is no reason for tougher ones.

Yes, there is a need to work on the social ills at the core of much of the unrest, but that does not mean we should accept those ills as a reason to excuse the behavior. Those engaged in this violent lifestyle know exactly what they're doing. They also know it is wrong. And they also know there are no serious consequences for their actions. It's not a matter of not knowing right from wrong, it's a matter of weighing the risk. And today they face very little risk.

Time after time these budding killers are arrested with guns, only to be returned to the streets with a slap on the wrist. Is it any wonder we have trouble getting witnesses to speak up? Instead of holding vigils at murder scenes, groups like Men United for a Better Philadelphia and Mothers in Charge should throw a ring around the Criminal In-Justice Center and demand that our judges hold the criminals accountable.

More than 80 percent of Philadelphia's cold-blooded killers have criminal records. Most of those records are lengthy, many for violent crimes. Every one of those arrests represents an opportunity to send a clear message, before they take another life.

Joseph Fox
    Chief of Detectives
    Philadelphia Police Department
    Philadelphia

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/pennsylva...s-problem.html
    so to be clear what he is saying is that by simply dealing with criminals in an effective manner the first time they could immediately reduce Phillys murder rate by 80%. That is huge!!

Now how do you deal with them?

Is there anything that would prevent revoking citizenship and deporting them?

(Philadelphia County)

Here's my plan....open hunting season on drug dealers and users.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyshooter View Post
    And we can have GOLD, SILVER and Bronze medals for drug dealers as for users lets pit them in a hospital give them all the drugs they want and when they die we can turn the hospitals over for treatment of non drug users.

Worked in China

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyshooter View Post
    Shoot a drug dealer and there are 10 to 20 creeps ready to take their place. On the other hand, politicians that see their kind being targeted may decide to do what they were elected to do.
    Last edited by reels18; January 31st, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

(Jefferson County)

Stop and frisk?

Someone wanna pay my for my gas to and stay in Philly? ...I've been needing to win a civil rights suit for quite some time now.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Stop and frisk?

Someone wanna pay my for my gas to and stay in Philly? ...I've been needing to win a civil rights suit for quite some time now.

Only if we can split it!
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin