Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Surprise, surprise, another gimmick from Sig Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by bagman29 View Post
    I tried, but the BATFE said if i wanted to mount a vertical foregrip I'd have to classify it as an AOW. I didn't want to wait 5-6 months for the paperwork to come back, so I'm keeping it original.

Side note: Only 20 more years and it'll be a C&R.

Actually, this could be another chance for someone to bring this issue to SCOTUS. I am pretty sure there was a state ruling a couple of months or years ago (midwest state?) where the state supreme court told the ATF to screw off and that a FVG did not change a pistol into an AOW. Again, I am not positive what happened after this particular decision.

I am not volunteering to be the guinea pig, but maybe someone will attempt it.
    The Beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

(York County)

Turning a pistol into a carbine? Didn't we hit this evolutionary dead end by 1939, with the ViS .35 Radom and early FN and Inglis Browning High Power?

(Schuylkill County)

I think its pretty cool idea

(Berks County)

Lightbulb Re: Surprise, surprise, another gimmick from Sig Sauer

So you go into a gunfight with a pistol that wants to be a carbine........???

And in said gunfight you need a subgun or carbine more than you need a pistol

So instead of going with the subgun or carbine you wrap your SIG in this wonder plastic?

The more I think about it the more EM is right. You can sell pretty much anything with Picatanny rails attached

Picatanny rails on condom= War Rider Condoms...when you have to see past the forest ahead and be prepared to exit a victor
    gotta love her ;)

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Looks awesome but is it better than the keltec sub2k series?
    First thing I thought too. And how much am I supposed to spend for this add-on, which is all it is since it can't really do anything unless I provide the pistol for it to adorn. Also, once i figure in the cost of the tax stamp I need to mount a vertical grip on this "tactifool" attachment the verdict is........

Just plain stupid

(York County)

If I ever found a reason to own it I would want the charging handle on the left side!!
    NRA LIFE, USPSA. High Rock Outfitters

(Montgomery County)

So they decided to steal the CAA RONI design. Nothing innovative here.

(Montgomery County)

Handgun Utility:
    Light weight
    Compact
    Portable
    Quick to deploy

Handgun Drawbacks:
    Lack of energy
    Difficult to shoot well
    Limited range
    Limited ammunition capacity

This piece of shit from Sig takes away most of the utility while keeping most of the drawbacks. WTF?

Sig, this message is for you... give it up. You are in dramatic decline. Your most popular pistols will continue to be from the Clinton years and there is nothing you can do about it.

Here is what you should do to come back to awesomeness:

Make a less expensive version of the Blaser rifle available in the US. Skip tactical and long heavy barrels and go with shorter (think 17-20 inchers) and match cartridges to it.

Drop your polymer guns, they are shit and we do not like them.

Get rid of the mosquito while you are at it. That is a piece of shit as well.

Start shipping metal magazines with your .22 LR conversion kits, the plastic ones can be pulled out of the bottom of the pistol.

Take all of your current metal pistol back to the drawing board one by one and engineer them "more better." Focus on stupid things like reliability and precision.

Bring the Sig Trailside back, and make them all with adjustable sights. Keep the price below 500 and we will love them.

The above is a great place to start. We will wait, and buy the products of other companies in the mean time.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Mercer County)

Put me in the shark COMPLETELY jumped category, frankly embarrassing so, and I wish that company currently in Exeter would go back to SIG Arms, or renamed SIGlikeUSA... First experience with SIG Sauer was in the Late 70's concerning a BDA/P220. Jesus, what a great pistol... So light, run 100% from the box, HP's no problem, accurate out of the box, DA/SA... Next I sold these fine SIG Sauer pistols in the early-mid 90's and can not recall a single complaint; quite the opposite that people who paid damn good money, got their $$$'s worth and were thrilled. Hell, I remember when if you really went crazy, you could order factory nickle aside from black or K-Kote we sold; now look at the shit (IMO) they are putting out. Yep, I don't have to buy it, but my longevity with the brand, and what I perceive as a slide into crapsville today on many fronts, makes my stomach turn. Today all I own is a P220 I bought in Germany in 1990 with paper box, test target and no import stamp. It continues to do exactly what it was build to do with understated grace, extreme craftsmanship, ragged hole accuracy, reliability, and tough as nails.

Anyone else miss these days:

http://web.archive.org/web/199704170...om/pistols.htm Give it a few secs to load.

I even liked getting my Sig Quarterly mag back then!

But as the VP of marketing said at SHOT 2010 as one of their goals, with regard to brand awareness and image; "they're a rifle company who makes handguns"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJNT1vGIv-M around 1:09.

That company in Exeter needs to learn what made the company they are killing great, and I have absolutely no plans to buy any new pistol from them, aside from perhaps a newly made P210 from Germany. I keep hearing if they don't continue what they are doing, they will go out of business... Bullshit as far as I'm concerned. Last insult to me was when some years back they dropped parts support for "classic" SIG Sauer pistols, even when they were selling classic CPO models (remember "D" grade CPO pistols that were literally spray coated to boost condition, and lasted about one range trip, yet sold for top $$$). I know it seems lots of folks like the pistols they bought from them, and I'm honestly happy they do; me, the company as it is and lead, is dead to me and practically unrecognizable. YMMV.
    Last edited by Guns N'at; January 14th, 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: fix broken link

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You know, there are people who would put picatinny rails on their weiner if someone would market them.

That is all.
    Lol! That was funny.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast