Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default S&W Model 915 Worth?

Im thinking of selling my Smith and Wesson Model 915. I have some idea what the gun is worth but im not sure. I looked on Gun broker and they are asking anywhere from 160-380. The one for 160 looks like it pretty well beat up. What do yous think would be a good asking price for the gun if i decide to sell it? It would come with 1 factory 10 round mag and 3 non factory mags. 1 metgar (15 round) i think is the brand and 2 i think its an eagle mags (17 round). I cant find the other factory 10 round mag it came with which makes me mad. Other wise it would some with the box all of the original paper work I still have the original bill of sale from the handgunner in topton from 1997-98 id have to look. Even the Trigger lock that it came with, and a Desantis Cozy Partner IWB leather holster.

The only thing that is wrong with the gun is there is an idiot mark neat the slide release pin that you have to push out to break down the gun well i was trying to push it out using a metal tool and it slipped and there is just a scratch on the gun you can see it in the picture. Other wise it works great I only carried it from 2002 till October of 2004 when i got my Kimber 1911.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: S&W Model 915 Worth?

The S&W 915 is a third gerneration values series gun. I see nice lightly used examples sell in the $400 range. Less for well worn or damaged examples.

Really really good pistol that doesn't have a lot of resale value. You may be better off just keeping it.

(Cumberland County)

Looks like a nice gun ! I would think $350 - the one on GB is at $380 in very good condition with no bites. Now if you were selling to me, I'm thinking more $ 160 - lol. Good luck, I agree with just keeping it

(Lehigh County)

Its just the type of thing i just dont rally shoot it and ill never carry it again. Ive shot maybe 1000-1200 rounds through it. I'm thinking of selling it and taking the money so i can get something that i will shoot/carry more. Its a great gun and shoots great, i just dont like that type of safety anymore.

(Lancaster County)

915's are great guns but don't sell for a lot of money. Maybe trade it on something? You might make out better that way.

I had a cherry 915 that I won on GB for not a lot of money. I got lucky. It was one of my favorite guns and a regular in my CC pistol rotation until some Reading piece of shit stole it.
    Johnnie F.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfritz View Post
    915's are great guns but don't sell for a lot of money. Maybe trade it on something? You might make out better that way.

I had a cherry 915 that I won on GB for not a lot of money. I got lucky. It was one of my favorite guns and a regular in my CC pistol rotation until some Reading piece of shit stole it.
    Yea, that would be a possibility. But im really only interested in Glocks, Sigs or like a 357 revolver so i would have to add money but that wouldn't be a problem. I still have to see what i feel like doing. I just wanted to see what people thought since the people here know a lot more then i do.

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Its just the type of thing i just dont rally shoot it and ill never carry it again. Ive shot maybe 1000-1200 rounds through it. I'm thinking of selling it and taking the money so i can get something that i will shoot/carry more. Its a great gun and shoots great, i just dont like that type of safety anymore.
    Don't use it. The pistol functions perfectly well without using the safety as anything more than a decocker.

The 915 is every bit as good a self defense pistol as any virtually any Glock, Sig or HK.

(Bucks County)

FWIW, I just bought a S&W 910 in very good condition with three mags and no box for $250.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Don't use it. The pistol functions perfectly well without using the safety as anything more than a decocker.

The 915 is every bit as good a self defense pistol as any virtually any Glock, Sig or HK.
    I know you can do that, but it think when the safety is off the hammer resets or is real close to the firing pin. Besides that gun loaded with 18 rounds is heavier then my Glock 22 that i have been carrying and also my Kimber Pro CDP II.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast