Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N'at View Post
    Like any used auto pistol, I'd strongly suggest at least adding a fresh recoil spring, and if you want to dig a bit deeper, a new trigger return spring... This trigger return spring is what I and others find less durable than needed, and if you have (should) a steel trigger, can add a Wolff unit:

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%...ID1/mID2/dID36

I never did install this unit in my M9, rather used Wolff std conventional springs after the OEM one busted very shortly after buying new.
    On second thought, replacing some springs would be wise, thank you.

I own several 92/96s. Beretta has been making guns for 100s of years the 92FS is oneof its leading pistols. I've had mines for 20+ years and its rarely had a problem shooting anything that I fed it. Its also easy to shoot accurately. It has plently of 3rd party accessories or add on. But it usually don't need anything else but its there if you want it. My expereince with it is that it is a gun you can count on when your life depends on it.

The only downfall is that when shooting 9mm fmj there are not very effective as defensive rounds, but with the modern jhp it can deliever 357 mag fpe making a very effective round pending your choice. Its considered a big/full size pistol but people like it so much they still CC sometimes. I know I can depend on the 92FS because I have.

That was a wise decision buying the 92FS you will hear that more times then not.

(Lancaster County)

Great gun, great price. Just take those nasty Hogues off and put the factory grips back on and you will have a classic.

I carried an M9 when I was in the rock box for about a year. I put more rounds through it than I can fathom and it always worked. If you can shoot a Beretta well, you can shoot anything else great. I would have preferred to carry what our naval counterparts had (Glock 19) but better something then nothing. For the price you paid, I'd have a hard time passing it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Monroe County)

OP, btw, 93' is a good year for 92's , it means that you are getting the "D" hammer, metal trigger , metal guide rod and a tough Bruniton finish.

I myself is in the market for a 92-93 92 Inox.

Great Gun , Enjoy

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    OP, btw, 93' is a good year for 92's , it means that you are getting the "D" hammer, metal trigger , metal guide rod and a tough Bruniton finish.
    From the factory FS with a "D" spring/hammer installed? Never have heard that before. FWIW, it appears a 'regular" FS hammer is installed concerning this pistol. Straight dust cover could go on the list which a lot of folks like; I do, but I don't like billboard warnings, so I got the M9... I get a straight dust cover, and triple stamped ASSY numbers with the M9.

Again to the OP, nice acquisition at a nice price... I agree with the other poster who said put back on the original grips; not just because I like the looks better, but the regular grip is waaaay to short to begin with for me, and the Hogue finger grips feel shorter/smaller still.

(Philadelphia County)

I have a 92FS as well. I bought it after trying one out at "Beretta Day" at Philadelphia Archery & Gun on Ellsworth Street about 10 years ago or so.

For what you paid that was Xmas twice in a 1 year. One of the best pistol one could buy for the money. Dependable as the next moruning one hell of a Gun!

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the suggestions and all, but I prefer the feel of the hogue monogrips, so they will stay. Next step is reloading for it with hardcast lead bullets.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    Next step is reloading for it with hardcast lead bullets.
    Lead bullets I cast are 95% of what my Beretta gets fed, and it really likes them. Really gotta pay attention to bullet sizing, as it's a rare bird to find a 92 that will have groove diameters south of .3565", and many/most go above .357"... Shoot std sizing .356" lead bullets, and you can experience terrible accuracy, and severe leading, especially with commercial "hardcast" 92-6-2 alloy, and crayola hard lube. Mine slugs .3572", and I use bullets sized .358" and .359", Lee Liquid ALOX or NRA 50/50 lube resulting in great accuracy and easy chambering. 92's tend to have generous chambers and nice long leades, and finding a good OAL is easy, and not fussy. "heavy" lead bullets of 140-158 grains sized .3575"-.358" work very well in my experience, and are a lot of fun to shoot in the 925-1060 fps range. Turns your 92 into a 15 shot "FBI load" .38 Special.

Nice too that it really takes well to .357" jacketed bullets, with 125 grain Hornady XTP's doing phenomenal with regard to accuracy and functioning. These darn 92's are so damn reliable and easy feeding, that finding a bullet type/nose that won't feed well is a lot harder than one that will. Oh yeah, one last thing, the crack you see on the slide at about 7 o'clock looking at the firing pin is normal... Lots of folks freak until they learn of this normal crack done to relieve stress in the area. Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast