Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What county will issue a Concealed Carry License in Pa to an out of state resident

I was born and raised in Pa. but I currently live in Md. I do a lot of travel to Pa. as well as hunting there also. I was wondering if anyone would know if there are any specific counties that will issue a Conceled Carry License to an out of state resident. Or if anyone can give me some help in this matter it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You for you time.
    Last edited by slimm2; January 8th, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Default Re: What county will issue a Concealed Carry License in Pa to an out of state residen

Centre County Sheriff
    213 East High Street
    Bellefonte PA 16823
    Phone: (814) 355-6803
    E-mail: dbnau@co.centre.pa.us
    Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday

Default Re: What county will issue a Concealed Carry License in Pa to an out of state residen

Quote Originally Posted by slimm2 View Post
    I was born and raised in Pa. but I currently live in Md. I do a lot of travel to Pa. as well as hunting there also. I was wondering if anyone would know if there are any specific counties that will issue a Conceled Carry License to an out of state resident. Or if anyone can give me some help in this matter it would be greatly appreciated! Thank You for you time.
    You need to have a MD permit in order to qualify for the PA LTC. All counties are supposed to issue to non-residents, but I've heard a number will not. Centre County, I know will issue.
    Your best bet is get one through the mail from either AZ,VA,UT,and FL-they don't require a home state permit and they are good in PA. Check handgunlaw.us under non-resident permits.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    You need to have a MD permit in order to qualify for the PA LTC. All counties are supposed to issue to non-residents, but I've heard a number will not. Centre County, I know will issue.
    Your best bet is get one through the mail from either AZ,VA,UT,and FL-they don't require a home state permit and they are good in PA. Check handgunlaw.us under non-resident permits.
    You are partially correct.

You do need a license/permit from your home state in order to get one from PA, IF the state you're from issues permits/licenses to it's own residents, also you left out that you need to appear in person to apply for the PA LTCF.

Utah also has the requirement of, IF the state you're from issues permits/licenses to it's own residents.

The following link will take you to a list of PA counties and who does or does not issue, this list maybe be a little outdated, your best bet it to call ahead for the most up to date info:

http://www.pafoa.org/counties?county...esidentLTCFs=1

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    You are partially correct.

You do need a license/permit from your home state in order to get one from PA, IF the state you're from issues permits/licenses to it's own residents, also you left out that you need to appear in person to apply for the PA LTCF.

Utah also has the requirement of, IF the state you're from issues permits/licenses to it's own residents.

The following link will take you to a list of PA counties and who does or does not issue, this list maybe be a little outdated, your best bet it to call ahead for the most up to date info:

http://www.pafoa.org/counties?county...esidentLTCFs=1

Just a quick question. Are you sure about the requirement of If State issues? NJ residents are applying for and getting Utah permits. As a matter of fact it will be my next permit.
    The answer to a fool is silence.

(Lehigh County)

In a general sense, it appears that the more "rural" the county is, the more likely it is they will issue an out-of-state license, while the more "urban" the county is, the less likely. This is probably because of sheer amount of applications they need to process.

I'm pretty sure Utah's new law reads, "If you reside in a state that has reciprocity with Utah, then you must first possess a license/permit from your home state before applying for a Utah non-res permit". People living in states that do NOT have reciprocity with Utah can simply apply for a Utah non-resident permit directly.

Therefore, people in NY and NJ can get Utah permits, but residents of PA must first have a PA LTCF before obtaining a Utah permit.

After reading some of the posts and doing a little research I am more than likely going to get the Utah permit. I actually registered for it at the Frederick gun show yesterday. Thanks for all the replies and feedback

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    Just a quick question. Are you sure about the requirement of If State issues? NJ residents are applying for and getting Utah permits. As a matter of fact it will be my next permit.
    Sorry , Tom488 covers it below, it's been a while since I read it but remembered it had changed in 2011. The state issues thing is a requirement of PA though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom488 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Utah's new law reads, "If you reside in a state that has reciprocity with Utah, then you must first possess a license/permit from your home state before applying for a Utah non-res permit". People living in states that do NOT have reciprocity with Utah can simply apply for a Utah non-resident permit directly.

Therefore, people in NY and NJ can get Utah permits, but residents of PA must first have a PA LTCF before obtaining a Utah permit.

After reading some of the posts and doing a little research I am more than likely going to get the Utah permit. I actually registered for it at the Frederick gun show yesterday. Thanks for all the replies and feedback
    I work in Frederick MD and live in WV, a couple of my co-workers have all ready applied for the Utah permit, so you are right that's about the only choice you have living in Maryland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast