Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs down My Rep to the House.

My Congresswoman, Allyson Schwartz, sent out a questionnaire about my feelings on several topics. She did not mention guns or gun control but she did have a space for people to voice their concerns. Of course I had to say something about it to her.

This is her response to me knowing I am against any more gun control.

Dear Ms. DeWar,

As I work to meet the needs and priorities of our community and the nation, please know how much I appreciate having the benefit of your views. In particular, I am pleased to share with you my views on gun laws.

I believe that local, state, and federal laws should allow responsible individuals to own firearms. This is particularly important in Pennsylvania where hunting and other outdoor activities are a source of recreation for many individuals.

While the vast majority of gun owners are law-abiding, responsible citizens, unfortunately not all are. The tragedy at Virginia Tech University on April 16, 2007, the shooting at a mall in Omaha in December 2007, as well as the violence confronting the City of Philadelphia, demonstrate the need to ensure that we have laws to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, children, and the mentally ill. It also demonstrates the need to ensure that such laws are consistently enforced. That is why I support legislation to re-authorize the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and why I was supportive of legislation, which Congress passed and the President signed into law on January 8, 2008, to ensure that the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) is complete, up-to-date, and functions with appropriate timelines. Rest assured, should Congress consider additional measures dealing with our nation's gun laws, I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can help in any way. Also, if you would like to stay informed of my work, or sign up for my e-newsletters, please visit my Web site at www.house.gov/Schwartz.

Sincerely,

Congresswoman Allyson Schwartz

Default Re: My Rep to the House.

Yack........

What the hell does the federal awb have to do with keeping stuff out of the hands of criminals? Sheesh...

It's again about penalizing the law abiding to get to the criminals.

Idiocy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    What the hell does the federal awb have to do with keeping stuff out of the hands of criminals? Sheesh...

It's again about penalizing the law abiding to get to the criminals.

Idiocy.
    MUAHAHAHAAAA Exact
    ly! She's just a mouthpiece for drivel. I oughta write mine and se what kind of nonsense they come up with.
    NEED should never enter into a discussion about RIGHTS

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sjl127 View Post
    Because clearly only criminals would want to own these evil high powered baby killing bullet hoses right? At least that's what the media keeps telling her.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Berks County)

Thumbs down Re: My Rep to the House.

Why would anyone be surprised about this? She was like this as Senator in Harrisburg, so of course she would be this way in DC. She has always been about the inanimate object being the problem and not the person who actually uses said object.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Northumberland County)

Talking out both sides of her mouth.

Typical politician.
    Horse shit.

(Cumberland County)

It is unfortunate but our country is lost and we are never going to get it back. there are too many politicians on every level who are against what this country is suppose to stand for.

I don't know what the answer is but it is clear that voting has little to no effect.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brewguy View Post
    It is unfortunate but our country is lost and we are never going to get it back. there are too many politicians on every level who are against what this country is suppose to stand for.

I don't know what the answer is but it is clear that voting has little to no effect.
    If you want the country back, you have to work to get it back. Pro-freedom people are notoriously distracted by things not political. In other words, we work for a living. But there's no fundamental reason we can't get pro-freedom candidates on the ballot if we work hard to put them there. Donate money to politicians you like, and volunteer for their campaigns. It's not a lost cause yet, but it will be if people just give up.
    Snowflakes in Hell Blog
    Where There's Snow, There's Firepower
    http://snowflakesinhell.com

(Philadelphia County)

Schwartz has always sucked. Sorry DLC Dem...it sometimes seems like gun control is the only issue these types are ever firm on, the rest of their principles they are willing to sell to the highest bidder. Philly-area unions are pissed off at her b/c they supported her and since she's been elected she's done almost nothing for labor, instead whoring herself out to the corporations.

Fuck Schwartz-- she's a useless waste of space.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast