Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Taurus Poly Revolver

So I've been curious about the New Taurus Poly revolver in 38+ P so picked one up today. I really wanted the poly wood grips they show on most sites, but after striking out everywhere, I called Taurus direct and they said that even though everyone is advertising them, Taurus never actually produced them, the pictures are all prototype Very lightweight, different with the polymer, but like the look, the ss cylinder, etc. and pretty cheap price tag. May turn into the Mrs. gun, but we'll see after I take to the range !
    I've been afraid to buy a Taurus after my first one crapped out after less than 50 rounds ( PT145 ) and from all the problems I've heard but figured I'd give them another try.

Default Re: Taurus Poly Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    So I've been curious about the New Taurus Poly revolver in 38+ P so picked one up today. I really wanted the poly wood grips they show on most sites, but after striking out everywhere, I called Taurus direct and they said that even though everyone is advertising them, Taurus never actually produced them, the pictures are all prototype Very lightweight, different with the polymer, but like the look, the ss cylinder, etc. and pretty cheap price tag. May turn into the Mrs. gun, but we'll see after I take to the range !
    I've been afraid to buy a Taurus after my first one crapped out after less than 50 rounds ( PT145 ) and from all the problems I've heard but figured I'd give them another try.
    Yea, a bunch of PT 145 turned out to be turds. They were building tons of them when their quality control people took that two year vacation. They are back to work now. I have read a lot of good reviews on this revolver, and it looks cool as heck. I would like to shoot one; hopefully, soon...
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Franklin County)

That is interesting. Cant wait for a range report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Centre County)

Smile Re: Taurus Poly Revolver

Interested to see if recoil is significantly, you know, shittier.......

Looks cool, though!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Carbon County)

it looks nice, how about a range report

That thing is F-ing hideous! It looks like a cross between a Sherman tank and a Chiappa Rhino, I saw one in a store the other day and just walked away. I like their model 85 and the UL version but this is just an train wreck.

(Cumberland County)

Lol, I figured it would be a "love it" or "hate it" kind of gun ! Will hopefully get to the range mid week, will keep you posted!

(Mifflin County)

I dont care much for any revolvers but did get to handle one of those and the feel was good and seems pretty well balanced, but just doesnt feel as good to me as a semiauto. Ive owned several Taurus handguns (24/7, PT101, PT99, PT1911 and now 24/7 OSS) and Ive never really had any major issues and what issues I did have a quick trip to Miami took care of for free and no questions asked. Taurus by far (I think) has one of the best Lifetime warranties in the gun business.

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I'm still not totally sold on Taurus, but I want to give them another chance. I think they do have a pretty solid warranty - I know I had a slight problem with my Rossi 357 and they took care of it quickly.
    In my opinion, Taurus use to be junky and has gotten much better, where guns like Smith and Wesson use to be the best and now are average, so everyone is getting closer and closer to center - lol.
    This Protector Poly is very comfortable in the hand, balanced and is pretty cool looking imo. I am curious to see how it holds up after a couple hundred rounds of +P.

(Indiana County)

Is the crane poly too?

I never really looked at an LCR but aren't they aluminum on the Ruger?

Just seems like that could be a real weak point.

And that straight screw on the latch looks like a hardware store .04 special.

I have been considering a LCR as a truck gun, maybe if the Taurus holds up I'd try it instead considering the price must be lower right?

Run about 500 rounds through it and let us know how it holds up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast