Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: BHTC Kalashnikov Rifle Course

In depending on when money is due.
    Rifle first, rifle last, rifle always.

(Northampton County)

For any reading this who do not know Freddy, he is an exceptional instructor. Take this course with confidence as you will more than get your money's worth.

I've known and trained with Freddy for 10+ years, he is the real deal.

I have unfortunately met many firearms instructors who conduct periods of instruction that serve as a petri douch (incubation of doucheness). Freddy is the exception to this trend and has a great personality, wit, and intellect.

You will walk away from this course thanking yourself for attending. If I can get a kitchen pass for the day I will be signing up...

Jason
    I may be out of the Marine Corps but the Marine Corps is in me for life.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the confidence vote JS, I will do my best to deliver the finest experience I can.

Unfortunately the course is full. If you waited until this point to jump on, you have probably missed it. I already have three alternates in place. Contact me if you wish to get on that list.

Thanks everybody and take care.

--Freddy

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Thanks for the confidence vote JS, I will do my best to deliver the finest experience I can.

Unfortunately the course is full. If you waited until this point to jump on, you have probably missed it. I already have three alternates in place. Contact me if you wish to get on that list.

Thanks everybody and take care.

--Freddy
    Thank God I signed up before capacity, I am looking forward to the course. I may have to celebrate by springing for a room the night before close to the range...
    I may be out of the Marine Corps but the Marine Corps is in me for life.

(Bucks County)

I will have a reporting instructions email going out 1-2 weeks prior to the course. It will have full instructions on equipment and gear.

But to provide a little lead time, the following items should be procured NOW if you don't have them.

1 - Sight adjustment tool.
    2 - Buttstock cleaning kit (if you have a full stocked rifle with a location for this.
    3 - Sight adjustment tool. <-- You're gonna need one anyway.
    4 - Four good quality magazines (minimum) that operate perfectly in your rifle.
    5 - A pair of tight fitting gloves. These are to protect your hands. You will be sorry if you skip this. Cheap pair of mechanix are fine.
    6 - A sturdy sling on the rifle. The combloc style sling, two point, or single point are all good. Please avoid a 3 point sling for this platform.
    7 - A holster that you can wear preferably outside the belt, unobstructed by clothing, and can easily draw the pistol from, and re-holster without struggling. If you show up with a tight-as-balls inside the pants CCW holster, you will not be permitted to execute transition drills with it. This is a safety issue so please do not take it personally.
    8 - Chamber flag/ECI. The club has these for sale.
    9 - A gun case to carry the rifle to the firing line. It is not acceptable at our training location to remove an uncased rifle from a vehicle and begin walking to the firing line with it.
    10 - Zero the rifle before the course. This means have the rear sight on "1," and the frong sight adjusted for windage and elevation. At a bare minimum, if you can put shots on a paper plate at 50Y, it is a good enough starting point.

Another thing I would highly recommend is to begin RIGHT NOW keeping some sort of penetrating oil on your front sight post, as well as the side-to-side drift cylinder. Many of these are extremely tight and become locked into place. I have seen sight adjustment tools fail/break before the cylinder moved. Kroil, or some similar product. Even break-free. You don't want to show up and learn that your sights are rusted in place way off to one side, and nobody brought a hammer and a punch big enough to jog it free.

--Fargo007

(Philadelphia County)

Payment is on its way tomorrow. Really looking forward to this.

Question Fargo, I'm currently sighted in on 0/P using the Arsenal 21/200 meter zero. Is this something I should readjust before the class?

Thanks for the help.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LostinGermany View Post
    Payment is on its way tomorrow. Really looking forward to this.

Question Fargo, I'm currently sighted in on 0/P using the Arsenal 21/200 meter zero. Is this something I should readjust before the class?

Thanks for the help.
    That should be perfectly fine for starters. Depending on what caliber it is, results could vary out at distance. Unless of course you're actually cross-checking it at 200M.

We're going to cover zeroing from a ballistics perspective and discuss different techniques, as well as what we recommend as a general approach for iron sighted Kalashnikovs as well as ones with optics on them.

--Freddy

(Philadelphia County)

I'm using an M70B1, 7.62x39 iron sighted. I have not been able to really cross-check at 200 but I've been hitting an IDPA sized steel.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by LostinGermany; February 5th, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

(Bucks County)

You are G2G.

--Fargo007

(Philadelphia County)

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast