Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Denied!

(York County)

Default Re: Denied!

Quote Originally Posted by 15round View Post
    I think coble thinks I should not own guns. I am 40 and have never had a problem with the law, not even a speeding ticket. I do have depression that is controlled with medication( me and millions of other people ) The medication worked for 10 years then started to become less effective. Different meds were tried and I went thru a really bad time. I did have thoughts of suicide during these times but always got help. I have been fine for almost a year now and feeling great. I dont think my episode should stop me from having guns to protect my family. My wife and 2 girls are my main priority.
    What I think is my own opinion. Which doesn't mean squat around here.
    Thoughts of suicide. Really isnt protecting your family though. Suicide is serious thing. You wouldn't just be hurting yourself. There is others that care about you.
    What happens if the meds just stop working completely?
    Just think this might have been a blessing in disguise.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

(Washington County)

I dont know why the public defender would have given me false info. I am pretty sure it was false from other things Ive read. I dont think this was a deal. I dont want to go to jail over information
    I believed to be true but wasnt.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    Thoughts of suicide. Really isnt protecting your family though. Suicide is serious thing. You wouldn't just be hurting yourself. There is others that care about you.
    I would know long before the meds quit working and I would get help. You can say you want to die, but if you cry out for help you really dont want to. You should be moniterd on meds which I am. I take my illness very seriously.

Dude seriously.......stop posting and contact a lawyer.
    The Gestapo isn’t going to come for you because you stated you were not involuntarily committed. If you try to buy a gun again maybe.
    You have much bigger problems to worry about.

Contact a lawyer and post when appropriate.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 15round View Post
    At this point I am not worried about buying a gun. I am worried about being charged with a crime. Would the authorites be lenient considering I was given misinformation and did not knowingly lie? Also, I have no prior record of anything, not even a speeding ticket.Thanks for the posts. Are any of you attornies?
    I sincerely doubt if any charges would be filed against you.
    There is a big difference between purposely lying and mistakenly entering information that, to the best of your knowledge, was thought to be true.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    Coble, I do appreciate your interest and opinion. But depression is disease just like cancer or diabetes. I did not ask for it. I should have the same rights as anyone else. Also, Im sorry I keep posting. I am trying to put my mind ease.

(Chester County)

I know someone who was denied for a drug conviction, it's been months and he still hasn't heard from the cops. I wouldn't worry about any imminent legal action, except maybe for you to challenge the denial.

I think your next step should be to find a lawyer who deals with this kind of thing, meet for a consultation and see what they can do for you with regards to the record and where you stand with the denial.

Best of luck to you. You don't have to change everyone's mind, doesn't sound like Coble is going to budge.

Listen, you're overly complicating this situation. Get a lawyer to have the 302 taken off your record, and IF the judge agrees to do that, then stay out of the mental hospital. Firearms aren't just for protection, there's an entire sport and culture built around them.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 135Grain View Post
    Listen, you're overly complicating this situation. Get a lawyer to have the 302 taken off your record, and IF the judge agrees to do that, then stay out of the mental hospital. Firearms aren't just for protection, there's an entire sport and culture built around them.
    I have been a shooter 20 years. I love the sport. I used to shoot IPSC and IDPA before I had children. It was a big part of my life.

(Montgomery County)

The comments about "stop posting and get a lawyer" are not intended to make you feel unwelcome. The idea is not to post up information online that migh create future problems for you (on the Intarwebz nothing ever dies...) once you get into the legal system. Get some help to straighten it all out and good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast